ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

British Citizenship application and the travel document

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Phil2020
Eritrea

British Citizenship application and the travel document

Post by Phil2020 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:49 pm

Hi, can someone advise me regarding this matter, please?

I'm reapplying for a British Citizenship and I'm planning to travel for short time of period after making the application. And so my question would be would I be able to retain my travel document and travel until hopefully I become a British Citizen and have a British passport? Am I required to handover/send my travel document when making the application alongside the other required documents, such as my Biometric documents/ID?

ajitk1
BANNED

Re: British Citizenship application and the travel document

Post by ajitk1 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:19 pm

Phil2020 wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:49 pm

I'm reapplying for a British Citizenship and I'm planning to travel for short time of period after making the application. And so my question would be would I be able to retain my travel document and travel until hopefully I become a British Citizen and have a British passport? Am I required to handover/send my travel document when making the application alongside the other required documents, such as my Biometric documents/ID?
How innocent and new to this world. When you joined this forum apparently you did not bother to read any earlier posts nor read the guidance. VIP joins and people here going to serve hand over foot. Do a little reading and homework.Yes or no answer from me would be so much easier but this attitude is amazing/

Hstepper07
Nigeria

Post by Hstepper07 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:33 pm

If you use NCS/NDRS, you get to keep your documents so, you can travel. You have to bear in my mind that HO might request for more documents and you should make arrangements to have someone at your property should that be the case. As for becoming a british citizen after your application is approved, you have to attend naturalization ceremony.

Phil2020
Eritrea

Post by Phil2020 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:39 am

ajitk1 wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:19 pm
Phil2020 wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:49 pm

How innocent and new to this world. When you joined this forum apparently you did not bother to read any earlier posts nor read the guidance. VIP joins and people here going to serve hand over foot. Do a little reading and homework. Yes or no answer from me would be so much easier but this attitude is amazing/
What do you know about attitude mate!? I did my research and read so many posts but I could not find a straightforward answer to my question. How about you post the link to the earlier posts you're talking about that might be helpful otherwise if you have nothing to contribute to this post just give it a rest do not bother replaying.

Phil2020
Eritrea

Post by Phil2020 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:54 am

Hstepper07 wrote:
Sat Jun 02, 2018 7:33 pm
If you use NCS/NDRS, you get to keep your documents so, you can travel. You have to bear in my mind that HO might request for more documents and you should make arrangements to have someone at your property should that be the case. As for becoming a british citizen after your application is approved, you have to attend naturalization ceremony.
Thank you for leading me to the right answer and clarification I was looking for. Doing my application online so NDRS allows me to keep hold of my original travel document and other supporting documents while my application is processed by the Home Office.

As for naturalization ceremony, I will be back in the UK by the time before the ceremony for sure.

Thanks