ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP Returned - Lost in Post

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

hardhercule
Newly Registered

BRP Returned - Lost in Post

Post by hardhercule » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:20 am

All,

I received my naturalisation certificate on 11-05-2018 and as required, returned my BRP card on 14-05-2018 using Royal Mail 1st Class Signed For service.

Unfortunately its still not been delivered. I've raised the issue with Royal Mail who've acknowledged that the mail has been delayed and they're still looking into it. I also have the original receipt of posting but that only shows the tracking number. My concern is that I might get fined £1000 as stated on the Home Office website if the BRP is not returned.

Who can I contact at Home Office (email, phone no please) to inform them of the same? Has anybody had a similar experience? Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks.

plabo
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Re: BRP Returned - Lost in Post

Post by plabo » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:32 pm

Keep the royal mail receipt safe just incase HO asks you later.

Don't worry about this, you have done the right thing by sending it by signed for/tracking.

I would simply igmore this and move on. If HO do send you a notice, just tell them you posted it.

mrgs1
Member of Standing

Post by mrgs1 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:41 pm

You have fulfilled your side and entrusted the post office, you have all the necessary proof, so don't be concercened.

hardhercule
Newly Registered

Post by hardhercule » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:07 pm

Thanks, guys for the reassurance. Much appreciated.

ajitk1
BANNED

Post by ajitk1 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:33 pm

hardhercule wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:07 pm
Thanks, guys for the reassurance. Much appreciated.
I would suggest you fill out a form obtained from the Post office which is a claim for compensation. In that you have to fill out details of what the letter contained. They will then pay you a nominal sum but it will be evidence you made efforts to trace the missing document. The response copy you can send to the same address you sent the BRP which will clear you of all responsibility. Waiting for HO to write to you and then responding will still put you in anxiety.