ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

6 Week rule- no UK entry/exit stamp but have Irish entry stamp

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Bhakodi
Newly Registered
Ireland

6 Week rule- no UK entry/exit stamp but have Irish entry stamp

Post by Bhakodi » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:35 am

Dear all,

I hope you can enlighten me on this issue- I am a Non EU, applying on basis of 5 year residency, preparing my Naturalisation application, however I have just noticed that I have Irish Entry Stamp from Dublin Airport, but no corresponding stamps from the UK for about 5 trips to London.

So this looks as if I could have been away for more than 2 days which I actually had gone.

I am afraid that this will be a factor if my application will be rejected. Would appreciate your opinions/experiences. Thanks

juzmoraes
Newly Registered
Brazil

Re: 6 Week rule- no UK entry/exit stamp but have Irish entry stamp

Post by juzmoraes » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:10 am

I have the same question .

Did you apply?

How was it ?

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:45 pm

Bhakodi wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:35 am
Dear all,

I hope you can enlighten me on this issue- I am a Non EU, applying on basis of 5 year residency, preparing my Naturalisation application, however I have just noticed that I have Irish Entry Stamp from Dublin Airport, but no corresponding stamps from the UK for about 5 trips to London.

So this looks as if I could have been away for more than 2 days which I actually had gone.

I am afraid that this will be a factor if my application will be rejected. Would appreciate your opinions/experiences. Thanks
It won’t be refused but make sure you discount those days from your total residence before you apply.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

thpc
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by thpc » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:55 pm

Interesting circumstance .

I am in the same boat , and applying in a weeks time .

Have to wait and see i suppose , prepared for a rejection .

There is no way of calculating / prooving that how many days spent in the UK for that matter based on no stamp for your onward joirney to the UK.

:?

Iggy4
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Iggy4 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:18 pm

As I work for Dublin airport, they can easily get the flight manifest from any airlines so there is no chance to lie as they can easily see how many days was betwen outbound and inbound flights to Ireland. ( all flight manifests are shared now within airline and immigration departement the same way if you do ferry crossing.)

There is no need to stamp outbound departures in your passport.

Iggy4
Mood:
Ireland

Post by Iggy4 » Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:25 pm

Implementation of the Regulations will require airlines to:

Provide data on passengers in advance of flights arriving or departing Ireland. The information to be provided is contained on the machine readable zone of passports
Transmit the data captured to the Irish Immigration authorities after the completion of a flight’s check-in.

Providing the Immigration authorities with passenger information in advance of a flight arriving or departing Ireland will facilitate checks against watchlists to identify persons of interest before passengers arrive at border control. This will be to the benefit of both the State and genuine passengers by:

Assisting in the prevention of crime and immigration abuses
Facilitating the smooth passage of legitimate travellers and
Allowing for improved and more effective management of the State’s borders.