ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can a refused visitor visa affect Tier 4 visa application

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

eth
Newly Registered
Maldives

Can a refused visitor visa affect Tier 4 visa application

Post by eth » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:49 pm

Hi everyone. I'm in the midst of applying for my Tier 4 visa.

I have applied for a NZ visitor visa twice in 2017 and was refused on both occasions. It was refused the first time because I did not submit enough documents. The second time, the reason stated by INZ was that they didn't believe I was a genuine visitor because I didn't prove strong ties to my home country. In my application, I provided them with a letter from my university at the time, bank statement, property insurance papers, fully paid accommodation and return tickets and travel history to australia on a student visa the year before. I did add a cover letter to my application during the second time and explained that I was going to visit auckland and drop by the university to talk about my PhD application because I was in the process of doing that back then.

So with my history of visa refusal to NZ, I was wondering whether it will have a significant impact on my Tier 4 visa application. Especially because I mentioned about wanting to speak to the university regarding my PhD application. I'm currently applying for the Tier 4 visa for a Masters program though. And my course/uni qualifies for the Tier 4 pilot scheme.

Obviously I'm going to declare that I have had a visitor visa to NZ refused twice and provide them the reference numbers. But I'm just a tad bit worried that it might create some problems. I'd appreciate any thoughts/comments from anyone who has experienced something similar. Thanks!

equitydealer
Member of Standing

Re: Can a refused visitor visa affect Tier 4 visa application

Post by equitydealer » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:47 am

Just explain clearly the refusals and the reason why it happened from your perspective in a covering note. And obviously show strong ties to your home country in your T4 application.

Mentioning that you went to Australia and returning to your home country would also help.
My comments do not constitute immigration advice, if in doubt consult an immigration adviser/solicitor

eth
Newly Registered
Maldives

Post by eth » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:03 am

Thanks for the response! Just curious, what exactly can I use to prove ties to my home country? Previously I used property insurance copies, National ID and drivers licence.

And one of the responses from INZ in their refusal letter was that they aren't sure that I complied with my Australian visa. As in whether I left before my visa expired. How do I prove this in case UKVI asks since I don't have an exit stamp on my passport when I departed Australia.

equitydealer
Member of Standing

Post by equitydealer » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:50 pm

Will be difficult to prove visa adherence with your Australia trip without an exit stamp. A boarding pass would be the only evidence I guess if you still have it.

Strong ties are normally things such as property, job, family commitments, relationships/partner. Something which will indicate you will go back
My comments do not constitute immigration advice, if in doubt consult an immigration adviser/solicitor