ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

separation while on permanent residence and citz app in process

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

separation while on permanent residence and citz app in process

Post by Mal111 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:05 am

just got separated in June 2018
married for 7 years all this time my spouse was working but now she left her job and move to a different city but still in Ireland.
I have copies of my spouse 7 years P60s was in full time employment.
im holding permanent residence since Jan 2017
citizenship application in process since July 2016

I have advise both eu treaty rights and citizenship DOJ by email about my separation unsurprisingly I have not heard anything back from citizenship office but eu treaty right office send me a one liner email ''confirming the receipt of my email and noted the content herein''

should be worry about my citizenship app ? I think that they will further delay my application
any effect that may cause on my permanent residence card?
as if the stress and anxiety of being end up alone is not enough I gara worry about all that crap too! :|

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Re: separation while on permanent residence and citz app in process

Post by Mal111 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:12 am

any suggestions ?
I was thinking to reply to eu treaty email by asking them im glade you note that now can you tell me if this change will effect my residence card ?

what do you guys think

broli
Member of Standing
Mood:
Ireland

Post by broli » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:56 pm

Hi Mall111,

Lol dont ask that dont mention your residence just the relevant fact "Separation".

Based my own experience and some of the guys i met hear. (We updated the EU treaty right right about change of circumstances )

My Example : My spouse stopped working for almost 9 months on my second year and i did not update them as my job was not paying well so i updated them when got a really good and was scared they would asked why it was done late. We were now resident on sufficient funds and even forgot to sent healthcare insurance. I got an acknowledgement and guess what i never got another courrier not even to ask healthcare doc.

From what i understand like me you provided an info which they like to have but it shouldn't have an impact on your stay unless they suspect something not right.

You will not hear anything from from EU Treaty Rights unless they have a concern. Your EU3 should be OK.

They wouldn't acknowledge by e-mail if they wanted to request more they would have responded by post with info request .

You should have made the update by post if you wanted to be sure they will ask nothing more. (You can still do that if you want shake them a bit by post with the same message by post and get another mere acknowledgement :idea: )

Good luck

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:27 am

my visa is only up to the date of passport expiry so how am I going to get the remainder of 10 years?
because as im separated now I cant take my spouse to immigration office however as per approval letter in order to get this visa spouse must accompany you.
also im traveling soon so do I need re entry visa now that I am separated now.

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:28 pm

guys i need some advise
i hold permanent residence card issued in Jan 2017
in June 2018 i sent them an email advising them about my separation i got a response says the content of your email have been noted
2 weeks ago i sent them a letter via registered post inform them about my divorce and also in that letter i asked them to confirm that my permanent residence right will remain valid after my divorce.
to date i have not heard from them im just kinda lost and i need a clear picture of my situation
according to what i understand from the regulations and directive my right should not be affected my this change but you all know how inis is these days
im traveling next month i dont wana find out at the airport that my card is not valid because i am divorce and i should have had applied for EU5 (note that on inis website it says eu5 form is for EU1 holders this info is written beside the form)

2pac4ever
Mood:
Ireland

Post by 2pac4ever » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:16 pm

Hi @Mal111
I’m sorry to hear about your situation. You’re such a good contributor to this forum that I really hope that you’ll get over your issue. Unfortunately, I have never faced your situation. Maybe you should seek legal advice? It sounds like the kind of issue that an immigration lawyer should help but again I have no idea and I hope that some senior members in this forum will give you a much better advice than me.

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:00 am

thanks 2pac4ever for your kind words
I think my problem is one of a kind usually people with eu1 after change in their circumstances apply for eu5
but don't think it happened that someone with permanent residence card have to go through this.
can someone else with similar situation address on this?

ghsherazi
India

Post by ghsherazi » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:21 am

Mal111 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:00 am
thanks 2pac4ever for your kind words
I think my problem is one of a kind usually people with eu1 after change in their circumstances apply for eu5
but don't think it happened that someone with permanent residence card have to go through this.
can someone else with similar situation address on this?
Hi Mal111 can you please tell me basically where you from???

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:39 am

how is that relevant ?

ghsherazi
India

Post by ghsherazi » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:47 am

Mal111 wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:39 am
how is that relevant ?
Hi Mal111 actually I have few friends they from Pakistan india I am also from india they just delay specially these countries I really don’t know as you told you are high paid tax person and they never get back to you that’s why I asked you from your country
Thanks for reply anyway
Good luck

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:51 am

my comment your quoting about high tax are from another post and that is to do with citizenship

this post here is about me holding a permanent residence card and after my circumstances are changed

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:28 am

Mal111 wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:28 pm
guys i need some advise
in June 2018 i sent them an email advising them about my separation i got a response says the content of your email have been noted
2 weeks ago i sent them a letter via registered post inform them about my divorce and also in that letter i asked them to confirm that my permanent residence right will remain valid after my divorce.
to date i have not heard from them im just kinda lost and i need a clear picture of my situation
according to what i understand from the regulations and directive my right should not be affected my this change but you all know how inis is these days
im traveling next month i dont wana find out at the airport that my card is not valid because i am divorce and i should have had applied for EU5 (note that on inis website it says eu5 form is for EU1 holders this info is written beside the form)
anyone in similar situation ?

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:34 am

Mal111 wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:28 pm
guys i need some advise
its been three weeks since I have informed them about my divorce and last week I also send an email reminder but yet nothing should i send a letter through solicitor ? would that make any difference usually solicitors are proven to be not great specially in EUTR cases

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:45 pm

obie I would appreciate ur comments I see you have vast knowledge re EUTR

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:35 pm

If there is a permanent Right of Residence, then i see no reason why you are informing the department of justice, as there are no restrictions applicable to you, once the right of Permanent Residence has been acquired.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:47 pm

it was on my permanent residence approval letter that i should inform inis if there is any change that effect my right of residence under the regulations
even though i knew that i wouldn't change my right but to be on the safe side i inform them about my separation in june and then divorce in oct
also next year my passport is expiring so to get the remander of 10 years i need to go there but on my approval letter says i should acompany eu spouse so i thought by notifying them about this i will get a letter saying i retain the right after divorce and that can help me when extending my permission

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:49 pm

Legally speaking i am not sure it should make a difference.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:03 pm

your actually right obie i think im over thinking it and over doing it
thanks of your advise
your making great contribution