ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

General Visa Funding?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dsixteen
Newly Registered
Turkey

General Visa Funding?

Post by dsixteen » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:23 pm

Hi,

I and my sister are planning to visit our brother who is a pg student in the UK. We are also student, therefore our father will support us financially. He has enough funds but its in his savings account. A friend of mine told me that savings account may result in a refuse. Does my father have to transfer his savings to current account before application?

My other concern is that we are planning to stay with my brother. He lives in a 2 bedroom flat along with his wife and 5 year old daughter. He sent an invitation letter to us with proof of address (bank statement). But there is no tenancy agreement or letter from landlord. Is that a problem for my application.

Regards.

dsixteen
Newly Registered
Turkey

Re: General Visa Funding?

Post by dsixteen » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:22 pm

Any experiences?

Aarya
Newly Registered
India

Post by Aarya » Tue Jun 12, 2018 12:53 pm

I and my sister are planning to visit our brother who is a pg student in the UK. We are also student, therefore our father will support us financially. He has enough funds but its in his savings account. A friend of mine told me that savings account may result in a refuse. Does my father have to transfer his savings to current account before application?

My mother once had her visa application refused due to this. We showed all money in Saving and now current account. In the refusal letter UK immigration officer clearly mentioned that you cannot withdraw money from Savings immediately so it was not ready in hand available cash. So next application we showed enough money in Current account, which can be used (if required) immediately.

My other concern is that we are planning to stay with my brother. He lives in a 2 bedroom flat along with his wife and 5 year old daughter. He sent an invitation letter to us with proof of address (bank statement). But there is no tenancy agreement or letter from landlord. Is that a problem for my application.

You must show tenancy agreement which clearly describes how many rooms are there. Also there is no harm in giving council tax as another proof also.

dsixteen
Newly Registered
Turkey

Post by dsixteen » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:47 pm

thank you. i saw some other topics which says savings accounts are ok, but i guess it better to be safe.