ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which start date will be considered while applying for ILR

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ajkumar
Newly Registered

Which start date will be considered while applying for ILR

Post by ajkumar » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:12 pm

Hi,

I have a query regarding the start date while applying for the ILR in UK, I got the UK Tier 2 General VISA on 19/03/2015 but I entered UK after 85 days on 16/06/2015, while applying for ILR which date would be considered to calculate 5 year time span in UK it would be 19th March (start date on VISA) or the 16 June (date of entry in UK).

Regards
Ajay

dontringthebell
Member of Standing
Mood:

Re: Which start date will be considered while applying for ILR

Post by dontringthebell » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:28 pm

ajkumar wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:12 pm
Hi,

I have a query regarding the start date while applying for the ILR in UK, I got the UK Tier 2 General VISA on 19/03/2015 but I entered UK after 85 days on 16/06/2015, while applying for ILR which date would be considered to calculate 5 year time span in UK it would be 19th March (start date on VISA) or the 16 June (date of entry in UK).

Regards
Ajay
You may use 19/03/2015 as the start date to calculate 5 years.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... r-2-worker

Refer Page 62, Point 267.
Don't misconstrue my views for professional immigration advice, just trying to give back to a community that helped me through my journey.

WP-> HSMP-> Tier 2G D-> ILR-> BC-> OCI