ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Life in the UK and English Test - to do nor not to do

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

adkenneth02
Newly Registered
South Africa

Life in the UK and English Test - to do nor not to do

Post by adkenneth02 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:12 am

Hello

I hope someone can help. My son (now 19) and myself have held an ILR permanent residence card for the past 2 and a half years. At the time my son received his ILR, he was still a minor and attending secondary school. We have lived and worked in the UK for 6 years. I would like to apply for our British Citizenship and passport and unsure whether my son would need to do the Life in the UK and English test now being over 18, even though he already holds the ILR and has attended school here for the past 4 years. He has completed his GCSE's

Many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Life in the UK and English Test - to do nor not to do

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:20 am

He needs LIUK and English B1. GCSE's are not sufficient.

He also needs 5 years residence obviously and must meet all the standard requirements for form AN as an adult.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.