ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

cancelling CSI? EEA family member Residence Permit granted

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

nordsee
Germany

cancelling CSI? EEA family member Residence Permit granted

Post by nordsee » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:04 am

Hi all,

First at all I would like to thank this forum for the great help it is. I wanted to add our timeline of application to the list, but can't find it. Could someone help me out please?

Secondly, since the Family member of an EEA national residence permit was issued for five years, I'm wondering if we could cancel the CSI now? I mean we are using NHS anyway...

Thanks for your help again

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: cancelling CSI? EEA family member Residence Permit granted

Post by CR001 » Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:14 am

1. Just a few topics down from yours :idea: eea-route-applications/eea-fm-eea2-time ... 2-980.html

2. Is the EU spouse a qualified person exercising treaty rights?? NHS does not count for comprehensive sickness insurance for EEA/EU route applications if the EU spouse is not a qualified person.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nordsee
Germany

Post by nordsee » Sun Jun 17, 2018 11:47 am

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jun 17, 2018 10:14 am
1. Just a few topics down from yours :idea: eea-route-applications/eea-fm-eea2-time ... 2-980.html

2. Is the EU spouse a qualified person exercising treaty rights?? NHS does not count for comprehensive sickness insurance for EEA/EU route applications if the EU spouse is not a qualified person.
Thanks for this!

I'm (the EEA national) is a student and the non-EEA spouse is full time employed. However, so far we paid for CIS. Since the permit was granted, can we just stop paying this for us useless insurance?

dan1988uk
Member of Standing
Italy

Post by dan1988uk » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:12 am

As a student if you are not holding a CSI you are NOT a qualified person so your spouse’s residence card should not be valid anymore.

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:22 am

Your Non-EEA spouse's employment is irrelevant. YOU as the sponsor need to hold CSI throughout the qualifying period if you are not working.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

nordsee
Germany

Post by nordsee » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:33 am

Casa wrote:
Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:22 am
Your Non-EEA spouse's employment is irrelevant. YOU as the sponsor need to hold CSI throughout the qualifying period if you are not working.
I understand that. But what if I just stop paying it? I mean the residence permit is issued for five years...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:44 am

If you stop paying, you are then NOT a qualified person exercising treaty rights and the clock towards your partner's PR stops.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nordsee
Germany

Post by nordsee » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:06 pm

Thanks for this.

I'm still confused on this one: Does she need to hold CSI? She is paying national insurance. However, I was told elsewhere she needs CSI, which is confusing to me.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:08 pm

nordsee wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:06 pm
Thanks for this.

I'm still confused on this one: Does she need to hold CSI? She is paying national insurance. However, I was told elsewhere she needs CSI, which is confusing to me.
Yes, for both the EU citizen and the spouse/dependents.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

nordsee
Germany

Post by nordsee » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:02 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:08 pm
nordsee wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:06 pm
Thanks for this.

Yes, for both the EU citizen and the spouse/dependents.
Thanks again for your help. No more questions on this shall follow. :D