ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which Visa Is Best For Me?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

spebri
Newly Registered
United States of America

Which Visa Is Best For Me?

Post by spebri » Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:16 pm

I have been offered a job in the U.K. and need to decide which visa to apply for. Here are the specifics, assuming I accept the job. I would be moving to England and leaving my wife/children behind for 1-2 years, at which point they would join me. I am US citizen and Canadian citizen, though I am waiting for my proof of Canadian Citizenship. Thats 5-6 months away. I have 2 biological grandparents born in the U.K.

1.) I would be leading a company. Not acting as the founder or bringing with me the required monies to start the business, but I would run the day to day operations. Can I get a Tier 1 Entrpreneur visa?

2.) I am eligible for the U.K. Ancestry Visa, but I need to wait until I have proof of Canadian citizenship to apply for this. Do I also need a Canadian passport or can I use my Canadian Citizenship Certificate and my US passport? What is the benefit of this visa? I read that I cannot switch to this visa type later on.

3.) The Tier 2 general Visa seems simple enough to get. I can get the business owner to sponsor me, but it is an extra step that will likely cost more money.

So, which visa do you think is best for me? My head has been spinning while reading online the last few days.

I want to spend the least money, but am also looking at the long term goal of becoming a resident and citizen.

Thanks!