ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA(EFM) section 8 Irish national in N.Ireland

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mourneman
Newly Registered
Ireland

EEA(EFM) section 8 Irish national in N.Ireland

Post by mourneman » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:38 am

Just filling in a EEA(EFM) as a sponsor for my partner.

Section 8 - Sponsor has permanent residence. Is the 'document certifying permanent residence' just my Irish passport?

Richard W
- thin ice -

Re: EEA(EFM) section 8 Irish national in N.Ireland

Post by Richard W » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:03 pm

No. Irish citizenship gives no more rights than Croatian citizenship when it comes to the EEA Regulations, and not much more under British immigration law.

mourneman
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by mourneman » Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:21 pm

Many thanks, but move confused than before.

Relinquished British passport, have Irish passport and living and working in Northern Ireland. How do I prove I have permanent residence? 5 years of wage slips P60's and bills?

Richard W
- thin ice -

Post by Richard W » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:53 pm

mourneman wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:21 pm
Relinquished British passport, have Irish passport and living and working in Northern Ireland. How do I prove I have permanent residence? 5 years of wage slips P60's and bills?
Why do you think that time as a British citizen counts? It does not look as though the Lounes judgement would apply to you.

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Jun 24, 2018 4:42 am

mourneman wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:38 am
Section 8 - Sponsor has permanent residence. Is the 'document certifying permanent residence' just my Irish passport?
If you have not completed five years of exercising treaty rights in an EEA member-state of which you are not a citizen, then you have not acquired PR under EU law. In other words, you need to have completed five years of having worked in the UK as an Irish citizen in order to acquire PR. Your time working in the UK as a British citizen does not count.

Irish citizens are considered as settled on arrival under UK domestic law, but that is not a status under EU law and that does not extend to their family members.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Hamlette
Newly Registered

Post by Hamlette » Sun Jun 24, 2018 5:16 pm

Are you currently exercising treaty rights in uk, then apply as such

mufc69

Post by mufc69 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 10:27 pm

mourneman wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 3:21 pm
Many thanks, but move confused than before.

Hi there 🙂

I would like to know how long did it take for you to renounce your British citizenship ?

After you applied for renounciation where you classed as an Irish citizen from the date of application or from when you received the declaration?