ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

2nd Stage?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

active12345
Newly Registered
Ireland

2nd Stage?

Post by active12345 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:01 am

Hi All,

I applied for naturalization in Oct 2017, receiving the acknowledgment a week or so later.

I'm wondering what the text of the 2nd stage letter contains. I have received a letter in April 2018 saying;

"Your application for naturalization is currently being processed in the normal way with a view to establishing whether your meet the statutory conditions for the granting of naturalization and will be submitted to the Minister for decision when processing is complete.

If further documentation and/or clarification of any matter related to your application for naturalization is required from you we will be in touch with you in the coming weeks."

Does this suggest 2nd stage or does the 2nd stage specifically reference "2nd stage?".

Any query to the help desk by email receives a generic your application is still being processed response...

Thanks!

billybob19700

Re: 2nd Stage?

Post by billybob19700 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:53 pm

From this :
If further documentation and/or clarification of any matter related to your application for naturalization is required from you we will be in touch with you in the coming weeks." it looks like this is 2nd stage letter.

Soph80
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by Soph80 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:43 pm

The second stage letter that i got have these:

‘Your application has now been initially assessed and has proceeded to the second stage of processing.’

..together with the rest of what you wrote there.

Gogreen81
India

Post by Gogreen81 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:25 pm

active12345 wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:01 am
Hi All,

I applied for naturalization in Oct 2017, receiving the acknowledgment a week or so later.

I'm wondering what the text of the 2nd stage letter contains. I have received a letter in April 2018 saying;

"Your application for naturalization is currently being processed in the normal way with a view to establishing whether your meet the statutory conditions for the granting of naturalization and will be submitted to the Minister for decision when processing is complete.

If further documentation and/or clarification of any matter related to your application for naturalization is required from you we will be in touch with you in the coming weeks."

Does this suggest 2nd stage or does the 2nd stage specifically reference "2nd stage?".

Any query to the help desk by email receives a generic your application is still being processed response...

Thanks!
Ditto timelines
Tried calling today and somehow managed to talk to a lady. She explained quite nicely that my application is still under process . Was hanging up disappointed and she said no news is good news . Was hangin up again and then she said that they are awaiting Garda report and then it will go to minister. I told them a lot of people applied after me and she said she cannot comment on that as she don’t have further details
She also said that the next ceremony dates are not decided .
Hoping that I receive my approval soon
Am guessing your status is the same . I received my second letter in apr as wekk

active12345
Newly Registered
Ireland

Post by active12345 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:26 am

thanks all for the replies. Very difficult to tell status of application, especially with the generic replies by email "your application continues to be processed".

In this day and age you would expect to be able to track your application online.

Gogreen81
India

Post by Gogreen81 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:32 pm

active12345 wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:26 am
thanks all for the replies. Very difficult to tell status of application, especially with the generic replies by email "your application continues to be processed".

In this day and age you would expect to be able to track your application online.
:) so true but what to say it’s frustaring

mufc69

Post by mufc69 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:28 pm

active12345 wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:01 am
Hi All,

Thanks!

Hello there, my wife also got a letter in April stating the same thing, but no mention of 2nd stage process. She applied in June 2017 and we are still waiting on the result of her application 🙄