ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A few questions on Spouse Visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

blue8
Newly Registered
China

Wife visa expires before my ILR application

Post by blue8 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:17 pm

Dear immigrationboards members,

Thank you for reading my posts! I would really appreciate your advice.

We got married on 26/06/2018.
My wife's Tier 5 visa expires on 17/08/2018.
I am on a Tier 2 visa until 03/09/2018 and I will be able to apply for an ILR(LR) on 21/08/2018 (28 days prior to my first UK entry).
So my wife's visa expires 4 days before my ILR application.

We are happy to apply for wife for a visa as a family dependent, along with the premium service cost. However, her visa is just a few days short. What is the best way forward?

We don't want to pay for another Tier 2 dependent just for another 4 days. We also want to travel back to our home country for some wedding celebration if possible.

Many thanks!!

blue8
Newly Registered
China

Re: Wife visa expires before my ILR application

Post by blue8 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:43 pm

Is it possible to apply online before her visa expiry date (say 16 August), then go to Premium Service Centre on 23 August after I got my ILR?

Would the case be successful? Since the Premium Service Centre appointment is after the visa expiry date, would she be treated as an overstayer :shock: ?

blue8
Newly Registered
China

A few questions on Spouse Visa

Post by blue8 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:49 am

Hi all,

Thank you for reading the post! I have some questions regarding to my wife's spouse visa application. She is currently on Tier 5 and the expiry date is a few days short from when I can get my ILR from Premium Service.

1. If she applies online, when will mark as a valid date of application? Is it when she applies and pays online, or is it when she posts her documents to HO? We don't want her to overstay.

2. If the online application is possible, can we use a premium service appointment for her?

3. Alternatively, if she applies by post for FLR(FP) or Tier2 dependant, is it possible to transfer the documents to premium service and apply for a FLP(M) there?

Many thanks!

Alam-
Mood:

Re: A few questions on Spouse Visa

Post by Alam- » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:07 pm

Can she go back to home country before her visa expired, you get your ILR and apply spouse visa?
Or apply dependent visa then send another form for changes in circumstances, it wouldn't be premium service but you get away paying any extra money none the less.

blue8
Newly Registered
China

Re: A few questions on Spouse Visa

Post by blue8 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:28 am

Thank you!

If she goes back to her home country, would there be a long delay coz there isn't any premium service available?

As for the varying process, I suppose we won't be able to travel until her visa is approved. Is that right?