ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Delaying Tier 5 YM Visa

Only for UK Tier 5 (Temporary work) points system
Also includes the Youth Mobility Scheme Tier 5

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

gabipower
Newly Registered
Australia

Delaying Tier 5 YM Visa

Post by gabipower » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:58 pm

Hi Everyone,

I'm due to enter the UK on my Tier 5 in a month but my circumstances have changed and it's now looking like I will no longer be able to make the move.

I understand that you can delay the entry date by up to 3 months for a fee but my issue is more regarding reapplying for a visa in the coming years.
If I were to not use my visa to enter the UK, would this be a red flag when applying for it again in the future?
Should I be alerting someone that I won't be using the visa?

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere but I've trawled through the last few years posts.
Thanks in advance!

crackersand_cheese
Newly Registered
Canada

Re: Delaying Tier 5 YM Visa

Post by crackersand_cheese » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:59 am

I'm in a similar situation, and I've also scoured the internet for answers. Nothing seems concrete (there is a definite lack of info on this topic), but in your best interest, I would suggest cancelling the visa just in case. Check out this link: https://www.gov.uk/cancel-visa. It does say that you can cancel your application...I'm not sure if it makes a difference if your application has already been processed, but I would give it a try anyway. Let me know if you find more information about this. Good luck!