ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependant BRP replacement refused

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

unknow443322
Newly Registered
Malaysia

Tier 2 Dependant BRP replacement refused

Post by unknow443322 » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:41 pm

Hi all,

Appreciate if any help could be given by forumers.
Story as below:
My wife (dependant) lost her BRP (expiry date: August 2021) 2 months ago and we reported the losses online.

We applied the BRP replacement by post and everything was processed smoothly with all the supporting documents ready. Eventually, her biometric was taken in the post office while we were just waiting for the arrival of the BRP.

Today we received the letter from Home Office, which stated that the BRP replacement will be refused on the grounds of making false representation. They claimed that my wife has failed to declare her conviction on XX March 2017 for "travelling on railway without paying fare on XX August 2016".

Home office also stated that my wife will be given right to remain until the expiry date of the BRP, which is in August 2021.

She was totally unaware of the incident until she read the letter and by any chance we can assess the record of the incident? As during that period she was in Sheffield and we believe we can't ask TFL London.

Besides, by any chance we can appeal on this incident as she can't travel without a BRP. It is totally strange that her Tier 2 Dependent Visa was approved in Feb 2018 but BRP replacement rejected now due to the incident which we have no idea of.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Tier 2 Dependant BRP replacement refused

Post by cyclina1 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:54 pm

How possible that the conviction were not bewared? You must receive letter from police/ court and asked for present in the court in this case. Normally travel without pay should be issued penalty, and if you paid thing settled. If not paid, you may be prosecuted and in this case you need to present in the court. If not present, very likely you are plead guilty in your absence. But still you should receive a letter from the court that you are plead guilty and pay for the fine, penalty and usually the cost of court. A lot of letters would go to your home.

Can you give more detail about that "conviction"?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.