ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents to send for child's first passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

stevesyjames
Greece

Documents to send for child's first passport

Post by stevesyjames » Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:29 am

Hi - it's been a while since I've done this, and reading the guidelines I'm unsure about which documents to send for my second child's British passport. I obtained PR in 2014 and my first child was born in 2015. When we applied for her passport directly I sent along loads of documents including P60s, letter from my previous employer, payslips, etc to prove my EEA PR status.

I now have successfully applied for a PR card, and for my second child's passport application I was wondering what else besides this PR documents (and my Greek passport) I need to send? The guidance notes states:

A passport / document showing a UK Residence Card or Registration Certificate issued five years before the child’s birth and a letter confirming that the parent(s) were not receiving benefits during that period;

That...seems a bit confusing? A document showing I received a residence card 5 years BEFORE she was born? And letters from HMRC detailing NI payments and other benefits received?

Unless things have changed since I last applied in 2015, I was hoping it would be even simpler this time as I have a PR card confirming my status. Any advice is appreciated!

stevesyjames
Greece

Re: Documents to send for child's first passport

Post by stevesyjames » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:28 am

I guess my question boils down to - is it enough to send my PR document (along with my Greek passport) as supporting documents in my daughter's British passport application under treaty rules, or do I need to send further proof like P60s and whatnot?