ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Permanent residence part-time worker and student

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

vahidfar
Newly Registered
Iran

EEA Permanent residence part-time worker and student

Post by vahidfar » Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:26 pm

Hi there,

So right to the point is that my wife, an EEA national, has been both part-time worker and student during a 2 years of her residency in the UK out of the whole 6 years that she's been in the UK, so she has been in the UK from 2012 until now and from 2014 to 2016 she's been part-time worker and student. However we are aiming to prove she's been qualified person by her being a worker.
During her part-time working period, she has been earning just about PET threshold, some months more, some months less but generally working about 16 hours per week(2 days a week)

On the online application form it ask:
"Have you been a student or done vocational training since entering the UK?"
We answered : yes

"Please provide details":
We answered with the detail of her course and years

Then again on the next step it asks :
"Were you a student or self-sufficient person?"
I wonder what to answer to this? we said that she has been a student so If we say No, it contradict what we said just 2 questions back, and if we say "yes" then need go down the path of what was the source of income and CSI. So I think we should say "NO" to this specific question as we want to prove she has been a worker all the time and that is the basis of her being a qualified person?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks for your help

armouredbeast
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Re: EEA Permanent residence part-time worker and student

Post by armouredbeast » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:54 am

Hi,

Did you manage to get your permanent residence card?

vahidfar
Newly Registered
Iran

Re: EEA Permanent residence part-time worker and student

Post by vahidfar » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:06 pm

Sorry for the late reply, No I did not apply