ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit for spouse as student

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

tranquilthever
Newly Registered
Lithuania

EEA Family Permit for spouse as student

Post by tranquilthever » Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:01 pm

Hello,

(Me 24/M/Lithuania, Her 27/F/Belarus)

I am wondering what sort of documents me and my spouse would need for her to get her an EEA Family Permit while I am a student in the UK. I was employed, but ended up losing my job last month, and since you need to show the last 3 months of employment as I understand that's not an option anymore.

I am exercising my rights here since I am studying, and I am aware that we will both need medical insurance. So for instance, is it enough for me to have medical insurance now, and for her to get it when she comes here, or will we both need to have it at the time of applying?

I have a decent amount of savings, and will also get a loan from student finance for the next year of study. Will I need to show the authorities that I have enough money? For the next 6 or so months I easily do, and I intend to find work in this period of time.

Are there dangers with bringing my spouse here without the permit? I am aware that they can give you one at the border as long as I am accompanying her and we can prove that our marriage is legitimate. If we get refused entry at the border, could this ruin our chances of a future application? This seems like the easiest possible way, but I do not want to risk it if there are dangers.

And also, I can find plenty of information online about the documents needed if you're working and are applying for the EEA Family Permit, but cannot find anything when it comes to a student like me. If you have any sources, or are aware of what documents we will need then that would be extremely handy.

Thank you so much.