ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question about address proof for stamp4

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

alabamadark
Newly Registered
Ireland

Question about address proof for stamp4

Post by alabamadark » Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:49 pm

Hello all,

Hope ye can shine some light on this query. When going to the garda to apply for stamp4 on basis of spouse of irish national, I need proof of address. We plan on staying in a property my family own so won't pay rent. I'll get the bills in my name there but what other proof would I need. I want o register myself but obviously not affect my family and get them in the trouble with the tax man as I will not be paying rent.

All help very much appreciated, thank you!

zepman
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Question about address proof for stamp4

Post by zepman » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:42 am

alabamadark wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:49 pm
Hello all,

Hope ye can shine some light on this query. When going to the garda to apply for stamp4 on basis of spouse of irish national, I need proof of address. We plan on staying in a property my family own so won't pay rent. I'll get the bills in my name there but what other proof would I need. I want o register myself but obviously not affect my family and get them in the trouble with the tax man as I will not be paying rent.

All help very much appreciated, thank you!
When my wife and I went in last year to apply for her Stamp 4 (after I became a naturalised citizen), she wasn't asked for any address proof. But this could possibly be because she had been registered with INIS before (she was on Stamp 3 previously).

We did, however, have address proofs handy (electricity bills, which have both my and my wife's names on them). We also had other documents like my P60 handy just in case.

So, if the bills in your name are the latest ones (say, issued in the last month), then you'll be grand. If these bills don't have your spouse's name as well on them, then I would also bring some proofs of your spouse's address (as evidence of the both of you residing at the same address).

Zoot7
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Question about address proof for stamp4

Post by Zoot7 » Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:57 pm

When my wife and I visited the immigration officer (we're outside Dublin) last year we weren't asked for any proof of address. He asked us for an address, but he didn't actually ask for proof of it. Chances are you might not be even asked for any proof of address, but your mileage will vary depending upon who you meet.

I think if you're pushed, you could get a utility bill from whoever has it in their name and then a letter from them to say you're living at the property with your spouse. That might be accepted if need be. My wife was able to use that to get a PPS number before ever we got utility bills and such in our name.

I wouldn't worry too much about getting your family in trouble with the tax man, we're currently living in the family home to save a deposit for a mortgage, but all the utility bills are in our name.

Advice going forward is to try and get as many bills in your joint names that you can.

Usually your spouse would get a Stamp in the airport that allows them to stay for 90 days. That would be more than enough time to get a utility bill in both your names if you want. Is that an option?