ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Working from Home

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

silverocks
Bangladesh

Working from Home

Post by silverocks » Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:16 pm

Hi experts...

I need some information regarding working from home...In the job advert it was not mentioned at all but can I work from home few days in a month if I can manage to put this in my employers contract. Do you think this will be ok if HO does compliance visit and finds that I work from home?
If anybody have any experience please share your thoughts. Thanks.

UKTier2June2018
India

Re: Working from Home

Post by UKTier2June2018 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 5:43 am

silverocks wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 11:16 pm
Hi experts...

I need some information regarding working from home...In the job advert it was not mentioned at all but can I work from home few days in a month if I can manage to put this in my employers contract. Do you think this will be ok if HO does compliance visit and finds that I work from home?
If anybody have any experience please share your thoughts. Thanks.
I think many employers encourage and even promote flexible working these days (especially those tech companies) and I don't see why working from home would somehow be non-compliant... HO wouldn't expect everyone to be in the office every time they visit right? I travelled about 75% of my time in my previous job... You can try to negotiate this into a contract if it is mutually agreed.