ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applied for naturalisation in February 2018- still awaiting decision

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Abz83
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Applied for naturalisation in February 2018- still awaiting decision

Post by Abz83 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:12 pm

Hi

This is my first post so im unsure where to post but here it goes

I applied for british citzenship in February 2018 online after obtaining PR (i applied surinder singh route) I took my documents to Nottingham council for the documents return service and passport application. I received the email confirmation a few days later to confirm application.

However i have checked the timelines for other people who applied in February and they have all recieved their nationalities .

Is anyone still waiting for a decision like me? Is there anything i can do to check - I phoned home office but they said we cant tell you till 6 months :(

Id like your views and opinions please

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Applied for naturalisation in February 2018- still awaiting decision

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:21 pm

Well, someone just posted approval of a March application. And strictly speaking the advice you received is correct, i.e. six month processing time. There are still members on the board who have applied in 2017. The number you called is for a call centre where the agents do not have access to your case or the case workers.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

TheRock9
Mood:

Post by TheRock9 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:41 pm

Abz83 wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:12 pm
Hi

I applied for british citzenship in February 2018 online after obtaining PR (i applied surinder singh route) I took my documents to Nottingham council for the documents return service and passport application. I received the email confirmation a few days later to confirm application.

However i have checked the timelines for other people who applied in February and they have all recieved their nationalities .

Is anyone still waiting for a decision like me? Is there anything i can do to check - I phoned home office but they said we cant tell you till 6 months :(

Hi,

Yeah there are cases where it took 5 months, a guy applied in December 2017 and got a approval in June, and he mentioned his friends also received there approval after 5 months or so.

I think it is just a waiting game.

Did you apply for the Passport at the same time when you applied for naturalisation, If yes, did they take the money for passport.

Thanks
I am not an immigration lawyer, so comments here are not an advise. My comments are from my own experience and interpretation of information which is available publicly.

Ayaankhan
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Ayaankhan » Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:01 pm

i have applied in December 2017 and still awaiting.

Abz83
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by Abz83 » Sun Jun 24, 2018 11:12 am

TheRock9 wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:41 pm
Abz83 wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:12 pm
Hi

Hi,

Yeah there are cases where it took 5 months, a guy applied in December 2017 and got a approval in June, and he mentioned his friends also received there approval after 5 months or so.

I think it is just a waiting game.

Did you apply for the Passport at the same time when you applied for naturalisation, If yes, did they take the money for passport.

Thanks

Hi thanks for reply- yes i applied for the passport too and the money went out of my account in March so I assumed it would be pretty quick.
I was fine to wait until i saw the February timelines -
Oh well I guess some are just lucky

Ayaankhan
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Ayaankhan » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:35 pm

i have applied in December 17 and the money for passport gone in January 18. at the end of May home office sent me letter said that my application will not be process within months. therefore they required morw time. they sent me the complex issue letter. i am not sure if anyone else has received this kind of letter.

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:07 pm

Ayaankhan wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:35 pm
i have applied in December 17 and the money for passport gone in January 18. at the end of May home office sent me letter said that my application will not be process within months. therefore they required morw time. they sent me the complex issue letter. i am not sure if anyone else has received this kind of letter.
I applied in August 2017 and only got letters saying 'they are doing checks, etc' and once the checks are complete the application will be processed. Didn't get any letter saying application won't be processed in due time, etc but same generic response about 'character checks'. It's a nightmare!

TheRock9
Mood:

Post by TheRock9 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:17 am

Ayaankhan wrote:
Hi,

Thanks for sharing your experience. Would you mind sharing your immigration history. Do you think your case is straight forward.

Thanks
I am not an immigration lawyer, so comments here are not an advise. My comments are from my own experience and interpretation of information which is available publicly.

TheRock9
Mood:

Post by TheRock9 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:18 am

silverchloride wrote:
Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:07 pm
Ayaankhan wrote:
I applied in August 2017 and only got letters saying 'they are doing checks, etc' and once the checks are complete the application will be processed. Didn't get any letter saying application won't be processed in due time, etc but same generic response about 'character checks'. It's a nightmare!
Hi,

Sorry to hear for this delay. Did you chase HO regarding this ? Its like 10 months now. What checks they are doing that it is taking that long.

Thanks

silverchloride
Member of Standing
Mood:
Pakistan

Post by silverchloride » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:14 am

TheRock9 wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:18 am
Hi,

Sorry to hear for this delay. Did you chase HO regarding this ? Its like 10 months now. What checks they are doing that it is taking that long.

Thanks
Yes several emails and phone calls. Every time I email them, they send me a generic letter stating 'part of the requirements is checks with national and international organisations. Even involved the MP and he too got the same generic response - even after asking for just a 'time frame'.

The only things I can think of is:

1) They have forgotten about my file, as it has been lost somewhere in the pile.
2) They have written to someone and that person/organisation has either not received it or responded. Either way, I don't think they would have chased it up.

Can't comprehend why it has taken them 10 months, and if no, at least they should've clarified what they are doing exactly, and when I might hear back - even if it is quite far ahead in advance. That puts people at ease and we can carry on with our lives rather than waiting for a HO letter every day.

Anyway, keeping my fingers crossed we all get our decisions back soon :)

TheRock9
Mood:

Post by TheRock9 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:39 am

silverchloride wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:14 am
TheRock9 wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:18 am
Hi,

Thanks
Yes several emails and phone calls. Every time I email them, they send me a generic letter stating 'part of the requirements is checks with national and international organisations. Even involved the MP and he too got the same generic response - even after asking for just a 'time frame'.

The only things I can think of is:

1) They have forgotten about my file, as it has been lost somewhere in the pile.
2) They have written to someone and that person/organisation has either not received it or responded. Either way, I don't think they would have chased it up.

Can't comprehend why it has taken them 10 months, and if no, at least they should've clarified what they are doing exactly, and when I might hear back - even if it is quite far ahead in advance. That puts people at ease and we can carry on with our lives rather than waiting for a HO letter every day.

Anyway, keeping my fingers crossed we all get our decisions back soon :)

I think Citizenship applications are bit different and as you have all your travel documents and ILR BRP so you can travel freely. The reason i am bit impatient is because i am planning to travel abroad around 2nd week of August and i do not want to waste around £200 in visa fees, that is why i am bit impatient. I can only wait till 1st week of July else i have to apply for visa as it takes 20 working days to process.

I will advise you to apply for full SAR report online and see if you can find any notes in your files regarding your application.

Best of Luck.

Ayaankhan
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by Ayaankhan » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:46 am

My case is straight forward i am female with British childern. only had a FNC and paid on time and decleared in the application. I believe the people who are refugee their application would takes more time compare to other categories (mine already 6 months passed application time December 2017 ) and recived the above letter from in May 18. I never call or email them they just sent me the complex issue letter.
sorry don't know how to reply in this board to some one question.

TheRock9
Mood:

Post by TheRock9 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:08 am

Ayaankhan wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:46 am
My case is straight forward i am female with British childern. only had a FNC and paid on time and decleared in the application. I believe the people who are refugee their application would takes more time compare to other categories (mine already 6 months passed application time December 2017 ) and recived the above letter from in May 18. I never call or email them they just sent me the complex issue letter.
sorry don't know how to reply in this board to some one question.
Hi

Yeah might be because you has a refugee status it is taking long, but again if you search forum there are people with refugee status who got the decision pretty quickly.

It totally depends on the case worker and individual's case

Thanks