ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Cancellation of British citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Abiulrich
Newly Registered
Mood:

Cancellation of British citizenship

Post by Abiulrich » Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:07 am

A friend of mine was asking me if she can cancel or withdraw her hubby's British citizenship. Because he lied to her, she said the so called spouse brought all paperwork that he was divorced in his previous marriage, married her and got his British citizenship. Only for her to discover last week that he has been lying to her that he is still legally married to his wife in Africa and they have good contact.

secret.simon

Re: Cancellation of British citizenship

Post by secret.simon » Sat Jun 23, 2018 10:23 am

I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

eagle_guy34
Newly Registered

Post by eagle_guy34 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:28 pm

Your friend can ask Home Office to revoke her hubby’s British citizenship if she admits that their marriage has been a sham bet she will be treated as been part of that and be prosecuted. T

Casa

Post by Casa » Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:11 pm

eagle_guy34 wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:28 pm
she will be treated as been part of that and be prosecuted.
Not if she can show that she was an innocent party to his deception.
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.