ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Oci card for british citizen child

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

dude_123

Oci card for british citizen child

Post by dude_123 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:20 am

Hi There.

I am looking for a clarity to get a OCI card for my child, who was born in India and got a Indian passport based on his mother's nationality and returned to UK and got a British passport based on his father's nationality. Now he hold two passports - UK and Indian passports. we are planning to travel to india soon so i want to get a OCI card to avoid any dispute in travels.

please can you suggest a best approach to get OCI card for him.

Approach 1:

surrender his indian passport first and get a passport surrender certificate? and

then apply for the OCI card based on his mother's nationality and his uk passport?

or

Approach 2:

dont surrender his indian passport and just apply for OCI card based on his mother's nationality and his uk passport?

any other approach ?

what documentations to submit ?

thanks for your advise!

takdeerwala
India

Re: Oci card for british citizen child

Post by takdeerwala » Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:53 pm

You cannot have two passports. Indian Law prohibits 2 passports. You cant apply for OCI while having valid passport. Approach 1 looks fine to me. Surrender Indian passport, get surrender certificate and then apply for OCI card.