ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Expired IELTS certificate and few other queries

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

19eggs

Expired IELTS certificate and few other queries

Post by 19eggs » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:22 pm

Dear all,

I am back after a long time and this forum has always been helpful. Now it is time to apply for my wife’s ILR via Spouse Visa and thought it was simple until now. Maybe my calculations and understanding are correct, maybe they are wrong, so would much appreciate your inputs and guidance on these 4 queries.

1. SET M form
My time line: Student > HSMP > ILR > BC
She came here when my status was ILR so she must use the SET M form. Am I right?

2. IELTS: Can we use her expired IELTS certificate?

The guidance says we can use the expired certificate as long as it is under the recognised test list and was used for another UK immigration application. Used the her IELTS to enter the UK on 27/July/2013 as well as for her extension on 15/March/2016.

Looking at the approved language test and test centres, and IELTS SELT is listed as a provider. Her test was provided by IELTS British Council, Kolkata, however the centre number listed on her certificate IN002 is not listed anymore. But IELTS SELT Consortium British Council, Kolkata is still listed as a provider and its test centre number is now IN001 instead of IN002 which was the case when my wife sat for IELTS in 2012.

On the forum, some have advise that if the test centre is not listed then new test is needed while others have advised that as long as the test (i.e IELTS) is listed and not the test centre, we can use her expired certificate. Bit of a quandry now. To sit for a new exam and pay £150 or go ahead with the expired test. Strange if she will have to sit for a new test, if she used it twice before. :roll:

3. When can she apply for her visa at the earliest?

First time: Date of Issue 25/06/2013 valid till 25/03/2016
Date of Entry: 27/07/2013
Second Extension: Date of Issue: 15/03/2016 valid till 25/09/2018
Using the 28 days prior to qualifying period of 5 years ie 27/07/2013 to 27/07/2018, we calculated her earliest application date to be 29th June 2018, are we correct or did we make a mistake?

4. CAT A – Non salaried income

Finally, she has been with the same company for over a year and is paid hourly with every four weeks as her pay schedule and so we assume she falls under CAT A – Non salaried employment. According to HO guidance of adding the last 6 months pay slips divide by 6 then multiply by 12, so in her case 6 months means 6.5 pay slips, what do you all advice? To show last 7 pay slips or the full 13 pay slips?

I think she reaches the six months £18600/2 = £9,300 threshold using her last 5 pay slips and below are her gross pay for the last 7 pay slips. Incase, we made a mistake in calculations and the category to apply in, please let us know.

Thank you ever so much and have a lovely rest of the evening.

19eggs

Re: Expired IELTS certificate and few other queries

Post by 19eggs » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:55 pm

Hi! All,

Strange, no one has replied to my post, maybe it is complicated or straight forward or too long or it was because of Spain vs Morocco and Portugal vs Iran match. :) :D Anyway, have spoken to a friend and these are the advice.

1. Yes, it is SET M
2. Might be able to use the expired ILETS as it has already been used for EC and extension but to be on the safe side, it is better to do a new B1 test. We are thinking of booking a new test. We can think of so many things to buy for £150 :D
3. Yes, can apply from the first week of July.
4. Last 7 pay slips are enough.

In case, any one has any thoughts and guidance, we would much appreciate it.

imm_applicant
Newly Registered

Post by imm_applicant » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:01 pm

Hiya, Did you have to take IELTS again or the old one was sufficient? I'm in the same situation as my test centre isn't listed any longer and I'm soon applying for ILR.

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:27 pm

Probably best to take a new B1 approved test.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.