ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Seeking for Sponsorship

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Mohammed007
Newly Registered
Libya

Seeking for Sponsorship

Post by Mohammed007 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:19 am

I am a graphic designer from Libya with 20 years of experience in graphic design field.
I am qualified and I feel confided and I can prove my self.
I am looking for a company/agency that offers a (Sponsorship).

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Seeking for Sponsorship

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:21 am

You cannot get a Tier 2 General sponsored visa with an 'agency'. You can only be sponsored by the actual employer.

You will need to find suitable employers in the HO approved sponsor list, link below, and apply for any positions they might have.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... rs-workers
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mohammed007
Newly Registered
Libya

Post by Mohammed007 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:31 am

The link you sent has attached Document titled : (Tiers 2 and 5 register of sponsors).
So I can understand :
The Document itself contains a huge number of Organisations names that offer Tiers 2 and 5
And I have to look for each of this Organisations and contact by asking if they are seeking for a (Graphic Designer) employee or not ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:33 am

You need to identify the companies in your chosen industry/field and then look for jobs through their websites etc.

Members are not permitted to post names and recommendations on the forum. You will need to do some of the research yourself based on your circumstances.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mohammed007
Newly Registered
Libya

Post by Mohammed007 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:38 am

Yes , that what I was doing here.
I downloaded the document and I search for words that are related with Graphic design ( Ex: Media...)
I google the name of that company and visit their website and look for JOBS available.
And YEAH ! I guess I am getting some results.
But I still need to ask you 2 questions :
1 - If I contact a company and if I get their attention dose that mean they will offer me a sponsorship -since they are in the Organisation Names List - ?
2 - Should I only focus on Tire 2 companies ? or should I also be concerned by Tire 5 ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:42 am

1. You would have to apply for jobs and hope that you make it through the interview process. You will have to make it clear that you require sponsorship. The sponsor must complete the Resident Labour Market Test to prove that no settled or EU or British citizen is available for the job. A company does not have to choose you or offer your sponsorship. Certain criteria also have to be met in order for the company to request a Restricted Certificate of Sponsorship in the monthly allocation from HO. The points required in recent months have been very high, with some member trying already for 6 months to get a Restricted CoS from their sponsors. Without this Restricted CoS, you cannot apply for a visa. You can only be sponsored by a company on the list though, ye.

2. You can only apply for Tier 5 if you are from a qualifying country. Tier 5 also does not allow you to apply for ILR or PR and is limited to 1 or 2 years only. You should focus on Tier 2 sponsors.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

onlooker

Post by onlooker » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:59 am

There are job boards that let you filter by sponsorship - for example, the JobServe.com board.

In principle it is possible to get sponsored by a consultancy that will sell your work to other businesses. But it has become much more difficult in the recent years due to stricter Tier 2 regulations around permanent employment. Having worked for such a consultancy I don't think it's a realistic start option for a graphics designer.

Also, do not discout non-sponsors straight away. Businesses will sometimess be happy to get a sponsorship license for the right candidate. I heard of a couple of such cases.

hanuman411
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by hanuman411 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:55 pm

Hi,

You gave very useful information. Can you please provide some more job portals who has such filter criteria about the sponsorship.
If possible please provide some legit agency/consultancy names who can sponsor Work Visa.

Thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jan 25, 2019 4:06 pm

hanuman411 wrote:
Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:55 pm
Hi,

You gave very useful information. Can you please provide some more job portals who has such filter criteria about the sponsorship.
If possible please provide some legit agency/consultancy names who can sponsor Work Visa.

Thanks.
You cannot get a tier 2 visa if you are sponsored through an agency and you are not permitted to contract on a tier 2 visa.

You have already posted in another topic too where the list of HO approved sponsors has been posted. You will need to find an employer willing to offer you sponsorship to get a visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)