ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BRP

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Didas17
Newly Registered
Uganda

BRP

Post by Didas17 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:38 pm

I did submit in my BRP replacement application in April 2018 expecting it to be out by now but unfortunately nothing has come up.
I need to travel next month but worried I myt not make it.Any idea how I can have it processed quickly.

jerrymousse
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Re: BRP

Post by jerrymousse » Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:00 am

Same situation,
Applied on 30,April,2018
Fees taken on 3,May,2018
Biometrics done on 28,May,2018
(I reckon it is longer than usual that the biometrics letter arriving)
Was hoping it would come by now and then nothing after biometrics, completely desperate rn.
Need to travel soon too.
Is this time period of the year more busy than usual? I really want to know when will my card come.
:(

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:24 am

Didas17 wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:38 pm
Any idea how I can have it processed quickly.
There is no procedure for having it processed quickly, but your Tier 4 sponsor can liaise with the Home Office to check what is going on, and if you need to travel urgently they can help you cancel the application and advise on how to apply for a single-use BRP visa overseas.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

mundanesnuffle
Newly Registered
Singapore

Post by mundanesnuffle » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:17 am

In the same situation here! Applied for BRP replacement, timeline as follows.

9 May: submitted application
(not sure when fees were taken as my wallet was stolen and I used a parent's card to pay it)
30 May: did biometrics.

I lost my BRP and applied for a replacement around the same time last year and got it in 6 weeks. Was hoping that would be the same but guess not. Problem is I have moved to a new place and have also made plans to travel in a few weeks. So stressful. Has anyone above received their BRP yet? Am waiting for the Home office to give me a call back about mine.