ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 (General) to ILR - What will happen to the dependent visas

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ntt05r
Vietnam

Tier 2 (General) to ILR - What will happen to the dependent visas

Post by ntt05r » Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:59 pm

Hello

I will complete my 5 years in Sep 2018, my wife who's on a Tier 2 dependant visa will complete her 5 years in Jan 2019, our current visas are valid until Sep 2019).

I am thinking of applying for my ILR first but, like you, worry it may invalidate my wife's Tier 2 dependant visa. Having read posts in this forum I gather that it wont affect my wife's visa and that she can apply for her ILR when her 5 years comes. However this is quite an important decision so I want to be 200% sure. Would you kindly share your own experience in this? Have you got your ILR? Is your wife's status affected? Any troubles if your wife uses her Tier 2 dependant visa to travel in and out of the UK after you have switched to ILR?

Admin and everyone else, please feel free to comment.

Thanks in advance,
Tony

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Tier 2 (General) to ILR - What will happen to the dependent visas

Post by CR001 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:03 pm

Her visa won't be affected. The rules allow her to conti ue on her existing visa till she qualifies for ILR.

immigration-for-family-members/dependan ... 14832.html

p.s. Please refrain from digging up and tagging onto old threads. I split your post to its own thread.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ntt05r
Vietnam

Post by ntt05r » Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:36 pm

Hi CR001,

Very impressed with your speedy response.

As mentioned in my post, I'd gathered what you said from other posts in the forum. I was hoping other members who have the same situation with me could share their own stories. That would boost my confidence a great deal in applying for my own ILR first.

Thanks again.
Tony

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:35 am

Read the immigration rules, it is clearly stated in there.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.