ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refusal of an asylum application

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Alekk
Newly Registered
Kyrgyzstan

Refusal of an asylum application

Post by Alekk » Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:06 pm

Hi everyone. Please help with any advice. Here is my story. I arrived in UK in 2005 on a student visa. In 2011 I overstayed my visa. In 2014 i claimed an asylum as I can't return to my home country as I fear for my life. Today I went to sign in a reporting centre in Eaton house and was told that my application has been refused. They didn't give me anything. Just told me to come back in a month time to sign again. I have been waiting for the decision for four years. I didn't receive any letter from the home police. My legal aid was X Xxxxxxx in Harrow. Six month ago when i called them I was told that i wasnt their client anymore. I'm Russia g that I have the right to appeal. I have 14 days to do it if I'm not mistaken. But how do I know when or which date Home office refused my application. Please help with any advice. What r my options. I appreciate any advice. Thank you everyone.

bubbly2703

Re: Refusal of an asylum application

Post by bubbly2703 » Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:24 pm

Alekk wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 5:06 pm
Hi everyone. Please help with any advice. Here is my story. I arrived in UK in 2005 on a student visa. In 2011 I overstayed my visa. In 2014 i claimed an asylum as I can't return to my home country as I fear for my life. Today I went to sign in a reporting centre in Eaton house and was told that my application has been refused. They didn't give me anything. Just told me to come back in a month time to sign again. I have been waiting for the decision for four years. I didn't receive any letter from the home police. My legal aid was X Xxxxxxx in Harrow. Six month ago when i called them I was told that i wasnt their client anymore. I'm Russia g that I have the right to appeal. I have 14 days to do it if I'm not mistaken. But how do I know when or which date Home office refused my application. Please help with any advice. What r my options. I appreciate any advice. Thank you everyone.
Hi,

The information that you were told by the officers at the Eaton house where you report may have popped on their system but you are yet to receive a letter in writing.....wait for the official letter to come through the post and from there your 14days will come to effect.

Alekk
Newly Registered
Kyrgyzstan

Post by Alekk » Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:17 pm

Thank you for your reply. Yes, I haven't received any official letter from HO.

Alekk
Newly Registered
Kyrgyzstan

Post by Alekk » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:36 pm

One more thing. How can I find out if I'm eligible for legal aid. If not , what would it roughly cost me to get a private solicitor? What should I look into when searching for a solicitor?