ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Father's Company Account

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

mcchances
Newly Registered
Ghana

Father's Company Account

Post by mcchances » Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:44 pm

Hello all,

I have just applied for my tier 4 general student visa and for the financial evidence, my dad used his company's bank account instead of his personal account. He own's the company himself. Will this go against me? I've provided birth certificate and a letter of permission from his to use his funds.

Thanks

sah10406
Diamond Member

Re: Father's Company Account

Post by sah10406 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:20 am

mcchances wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:44 pm
I have just applied for my tier 4 general student visa and for the financial evidence, my dad used his company's bank account instead of his personal account. He own's the company himself. Will this go against me?
Yes. The rules and guidance are very clear that you can only use evidence of funds held in a personal account, not a business account.

Paragraph 1B of Appendix C specifies that

[The]specified documents are:
(a) Personal bank or building society statements which satisfy the following requirements:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ance-funds
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

mcchances
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by mcchances » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:09 am

sah10406 wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:20 am
mcchances wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 5:44 pm
I have just applied for my tier 4 general student visa and for the financial evidence, my dad used his company's bank account instead of his personal account. He own's the company himself. Will this go against me?
Yes. The rules and guidance are very clear that you can only use evidence of funds held in a personal account, not a business account.

Paragraph 1B of Appendix C specifies that

[The]specified documents are:
(a) Personal bank or building society statements which satisfy the following requirements:

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... ance-funds

Thanks for the reply.

Is there a way I can rectify this before a decision is made? Can I send the appropriate document now? Will they accept it? If yes do you know what address I'd have to send it to?

Thanks

sah10406
Diamond Member

Post by sah10406 » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:29 am

mcchances wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:09 am
Is there a way I can rectify this before a decision is made? Can I send the appropriate document now? Will they accept it?
No. You would need to withdraw the application and apply again with the correct evidence. I would strongly advise speaking to your Tier 4 sponsor about what has happened.
I do not give immigration advice. I refer you to Immigration Rules, guidance, other online content and to your sponsor.

mcchances
Newly Registered
Ghana

Post by mcchances » Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:33 am

sah10406 wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:29 am
mcchances wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 3:09 am
Is there a way I can rectify this before a decision is made? Can I send the appropriate document now? Will they accept it?
No. You would need to withdraw the application and apply again with the correct evidence. I would strongly advise speaking to your Tier 4 sponsor about what has happened.
Thank you