ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

fiance visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

adamb86
Newly Registered
Wales

fiance visa

Post by adamb86 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:54 am

hi, I am just looking for information on fiance visa' s, there's so much information out there and it can get confusing. my fiance is from Brazil and we are looking to get married in the I'm, does the application need to be made from Brazil or here in the uk? Is it something we could do without any help or would an immigration solicitor be better use,just wondering if anyone has used or would recommend it, many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: fiance visa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:59 am

What is your UK Immigration status??

Application must be made from Brazil. If you meet all the requirements and your case is not complicated or complex, there is no need for a solicitor.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

adamb86
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by adamb86 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:06 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:59 am
What is your UK Immigration status??

Application must be made from Brazil. If you meet all the requirements and your case is not complicated or complex, there is no need for a solicitor.
I'm a UK resident, from what information I've read we meet all the criteria, I just want to make sure we get everything correct, we met in the uk a year ago and since then we've met in Germany and I've also spent time visiting her in Brazil, thanks for the response there's been alot of conflicting information that I've read up on

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:13 pm

A fiance visa costs £1,523 and you need to complete form VAF4A and Appendix 2.

It will allow your fiance entry to the UK for 6 months, during which time you can get married. She will not be permitted to work during the 6 months.

Once married (before visa expires), she must apply on form FLR(M) for a spouse visa, meeting all the same requirements again. This visa costs £1,033 by post or £1,643 for an in person same day decision application. She will also have to pay the £500 Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS), due to double in cost later this year.

FLR(M) will give her a 2.5 year visa. Near to the expiry, she will have to apply for a further 2.5 year extension on FLR(M) again, meeting all the same requirements including evidence of cohabitation and the fee will be more (as they increase every April) and she will have to pay IHS fee again. This will again be a 2.5 year visa.

Shortly before reaching the 5 year mark, she can then apply for ILR (PR), meeting all the same requirements again. No IHS payable at this point but the current ILR fees are £2,389 for postal and £2,999 for in person same day. This fee also increases every year.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

adamb86
Newly Registered
Wales

Post by adamb86 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:36 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:13 pm
A fiance visa costs £1,523 and you need to complete form VAF4A and Appendix 2.

It will allow your fiance entry to the UK for 6 months, during which time you can get married. She will not be permitted to work during the 6 months.

Once married (before visa expires), she must apply on form FLR(M) for a spouse visa, meeting all the same requirements again. This visa costs £1,033 by post or £1,643 for an in person same day decision application. She will also have to pay the £500 Immigration Health Surcharge (IHS), due to double in cost later this year.

FLR(M) will give her a 2.5 year visa. Near to the expiry, she will have to apply for a further 2.5 year extension on FLR(M) again, meeting all the same requirements including evidence of cohabitation and the fee will be more (as they increase every April) and she will have to pay IHS fee again. This will again be a 2.5 year visa.

Shortly before reaching the 5 year mark, she can then apply for ILR (PR), meeting all the same requirements again. No IHS payable at this point but the current ILR fees are £2,389 for postal and £2,999 for in person same day. This fee also increases every year.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/partner-spouse
thanks for the response and this information will help greatly, fingers crossed it all goes smoothly

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:46 pm

Good luck and feel free to ask any further questions you might have in this topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)