ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Partner of dual citizen

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

muraenidae

Partner of dual citizen

Post by muraenidae » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:07 pm

Hello!

I will acquire permanent residence on 18th July (our 5 year wedding anniversary). My husband and I are both EU nationals, but I plan to apply as his dependent as I was not exercising treaty rights myself throughout the last 5 years (but he was).

On 12th July, my husband has his citizenship ceremony, becoming a dual UK EU citizen. Will this be a problem for my application? At the moment I am exercising treaty rights myself (working), so I could, in principle, submit evidence of this for the missing 6 days.

But of course this is more trouble, and there isn't even a place in the form for "mixed" applications like this (ie some periods of time a dependent, some periods exercising treaty rights myself), so I'd like to avoid this if possible. Do you think it is necessary?

muraenidae

Re: Partner of dual citizen

Post by muraenidae » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:41 am

Also - if I do rely on a combination of being a partner of a qualified person and being a qualified person myself - how do I enter this in the form?

In Section 9 " Relevant EEA national’s activity in the UK", there is only space to enter one person's details and activities.

Richard W
- thin ice -
England

Re: Partner of dual citizen

Post by Richard W » Thu Jul 05, 2018 7:53 am

muraenidae wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:07 pm
On 12th July, my husband has his citizenship ceremony, becoming a dual UK EU citizen. Will this be a problem for my application?
No. Lounes will be incorporated in the EEA Regulations on 24 July, and will cover you. Additionally, it appears that case workers have already been implementing Lounes, at least in cases where it clearly applies; yours is a case where it clearly applies.