ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Croydon NDRS/JCAP appointment

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

anujkundarap
Newly Registered
India

Croydon NDRS/JCAP appointment

Post by anujkundarap » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:40 pm

Hi,

I submitted my online application for naturalisation this morning and proceeded to book my NDRS/JCAP appointment on the Croydon Council website.

However, after paying the fee, the website did not load at all - refreshing it too me back to the first step.

I did get an auto0generated email confirming payment but it doesn’t mention anything about the appointment confirmation or the time of appointment.

Has anyone faced a similar situation?

I plan to walk in to the appointment at the time that I paid for, and hope that they have a slot with my name on it. Any other suggestions?

Thanks and regards,
Anuj

anujkundarap
Newly Registered
India

Re: Croydon NDRS/JCAP appointment

Post by anujkundarap » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:59 am

As an update, I have called the council this morning and they confirmed an issue with the system due to which the appointment was not being logged even though the payment was taken!

I don't know how they would have dealt with the issue if I hadn't called them myself.

Anyway, the helpful person on the phone manually booked me in for my desired slot so I hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow.

rohitys
Mood:

Post by rohitys » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:26 pm

Hi Anuj,

I was looking to do the same and got the impression that Croydon council no longer accepts JCAP. At the bottom of this link is what gave me that feeling

https://www.croydon.gov.uk/community/ci ... rvice-ndrs

The Nationality Checking Service is still available until further notice, The joint citizenship and passport checking service has now been withdrawn with immediate effect by UK Visas and Immigration and is longer being offered by any local council.

rohitys
Mood:

Post by rohitys » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:33 pm

anujkundarap wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:59 am
As an update, I have called the council this morning and they confirmed an issue with the system due to which the appointment was not being logged even though the payment was taken!

I don't know how they would have dealt with the issue if I hadn't called them myself.

Anyway, the helpful person on the phone manually booked me in for my desired slot so I hope everything goes smoothly tomorrow.
Also I'm unable to PM you, could you drop me a PM with your email id if you don't mind? Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:52 pm

rohitys wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:33 pm
anujkundarap wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:59 am

Also I'm unable to PM you, could you drop me a PM with your email id if you don't mind? Thanks
The user does not have access to the privilege of PM function. Any requests for email addresses and members posting or trying to send unsolicited PMs for personal details will also have their PM access withdrawn permanently.

Members are again reminded to post in public so that all may benefit and any incorrect information can be corrected and please remember that everyone on the forum is a complete stranger and we have many scammers and spammers trawling the forum daily.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

rohitys
Mood:

Post by rohitys » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:57 am

Apologies, i'll make a note of this

anujkundarap
Newly Registered
India

Post by anujkundarap » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:20 am

rohitys wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:26 pm
Hi Anuj,

I was looking to do the same and got the impression that Croydon council no longer accepts JCAP. At the bottom of this link is what gave me that feeling

https://www.croydon.gov.uk/community/ci ... rvice-ndrs

The Nationality Checking Service is still available until further notice, The joint citizenship and passport checking service has now been withdrawn with immediate effect by UK Visas and Immigration and is longer being offered by any local council.
JCAP with NDRS is accepted at Croydon Council. I had my appointment yesterday and it went smoothly.

TheRock9
Mood:

Post by TheRock9 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 1:26 pm

You can use NDRS and JCAp service in any council of England
I am not an immigration lawyer, so comments here are not an advise. My comments are from my own experience and interpretation of information which is available publicly.