ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 - Supporting Documents

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Tiziana
Newly Registered

Child born abroad to EU settled parents

Post by Tiziana » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:43 am

Hello,
I am finding hard to find out if my daughter has the British citizenship status or not.
She was born in 2015
Both parents are EU Citizens
Mother got permanent residence in 2012, father settled in the UK since 2012 now applying for permanent residence document, which should be granted and dated 2012.
Mother applying for naturalization, still waiting for outcome.
My other son born in 2012 is british citizen as born in the UK from the same parents.
My question is should I go through the MN1 form?Would it be worth waiting till I, the mother, get granted citizenship?
Thanks for your help

secret.simon

Re: Child born abroad to EU settled parents

Post by secret.simon » Wed Mar 07, 2018 11:56 am

The general expectation for children born abroad to be registered as British citizens is that at leats one parent is or has applied to be a British citizen and both the child and the other parent have settled status (PR).

So, it is recommended to wait until at least one parent becomes a British citizen.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Tiziana
Newly Registered

Post by Tiziana » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:31 pm

Thanks for the reply, which I have found very useful and I have now become a british citizen.
I am here again because my daughter is two year old, born in Italy. I have just become british and the dad has permanent residence.
Would the child need to apply for permanent residence first, or we can skip this?
I can't find any clear answer online.
Many thanks if you can help

ajitk1
BANNED

Post by ajitk1 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:41 pm

Tiziana wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:31 pm
Thanks for the reply, which I have found very useful and I have now become a british citizen.
I am here again because my daughter is two year old, born in Italy. I have just become british and the dad has permanent residence.
Would the child need to apply for permanent residence first, or we can skip this?
Apply using MN1 form. Nothing more required

Tiziana
Newly Registered

Post by Tiziana » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:10 am

Does anyone know under which section of the Immigration Law I should apply?
I am reading the guide and I think I should go for section 3(5) or 3(1) but I am not sure.
Many thanks to whoever can help me

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:23 am

Tiziana wrote:
Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:10 am
Does anyone know under which section of the Immigration Law I should apply?
I am reading the guide and I think I should go for section 3(5) or 3(1) but I am not sure.
Many thanks to whoever can help me
It is a section 3(1) application. Section 3(5) is not relevant as you were not British by descent when the child was born.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ouflak1

Post by ouflak1 » Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:45 am

Tiziana wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:31 pm
Generally the child is expected to have settled status. However, as the child has a sibling who is already British, they can (and have a few times on this forum) exercise some flexibility on this requirement. This is mentioned specifically mentioned in the rules.

Tiziana
Newly Registered

MN1 - Supporting Documents

Post by Tiziana » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:40 pm

Hello,
I am applying for my child BC via MN1 with the NCS under section 3(1) as one of the parent has become british after the child's birth.
Can someone confirm is this list below of supporting document is ok, enough or not necessary?I would avoid the certificates and their translations if i could.
- Travel Document
- Full Birth certificate (translated?) as child born abroad
- Parents marriage certificate (translated?)
- Permanent residence certificate
- British passport of the British parent

Many thanks