ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR SET(M) no PSC appointments at any centre

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

hasshuss26
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

ILR SET(M) no PSC appointments at any centre

Post by hasshuss26 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:00 am

Hi,

My husbands FLR visa expires on 09/08/2018 and I’ve been trying to book a PSC appointment since the past 2 days but the website says that there are no appointments for the next 45 days for any of the centres. Is there any other way I could book an appointment at a PSC?
I remember with my husbands FLR(m) application we didn’t book his PSC appointment that much in advance. I’m really freaking out as I hate the wait and anticipation that comes with postal applications.

equitydealer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: ILR SET(M) no PSC appointments at any centre

Post by equitydealer » Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:40 am

It’s unlikely you’ll get a PSC appointment before that date, appointments book up fast. Your only hope is that someone cancels. Check at midnight everyday.

To get a good chance of securing an appointment you need to book 6 weeks in advance.
My comments do not constitute immigration advice, if in doubt consult an immigration adviser/solicitor

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 14, 2018 11:24 am

If you are unable to book a PSC appointment, ensure you submit a postal application BEFORE the current visa expires. :!:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

hasshuss26
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by hasshuss26 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:15 pm

Thank you for your replies.

I’ve been checking constantly throughout the whole day for appointments with no luck. I guess I’ll have to do it by post.

@casa
Yeah I’m aware that I’ll have to do it before the current visa expires.

I also have one more question, my husband is the applicant and we are relying solely on his employment to meet the financial threshold. This shouldn’t be a problem right?
On his previous application I was working too but now I can’t work due to looking after our kids.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat Jul 14, 2018 3:15 pm

hasshuss26 wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:15 pm
Thank you for your replies.

I’ve been checking constantly throughout the whole day for appointments with no luck. I guess I’ll have to do it by post.

@casa
Yeah I’m aware that I’ll have to do it before the current visa expires.

I also have one more question, my husband is the applicant and we are relying solely on his employment to meet the financial threshold. This shouldn’t be a problem right?
On his previous application I was working too but now I can’t work due to looking after our kids.
No problem, providing your husband's earnings meet the £18,600 p.a required income level
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

hasshuss26
Newly Registered
Afghanistan

Post by hasshuss26 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 11:20 am

Yes his earning is above £18,600 so it should be fine.

Thank you for your answers