ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applicant’s status while a reconsideration is pending? Can applicant work full time?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

Marco1
Newly Registered

Applicant’s status while a reconsideration is pending? Can applicant work full time?

Post by Marco1 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:36 pm

Hi All

I applied for Permanent Residence card, Home Office refused my application last year. I lodged an appeal.
My appeal was pending but Home Office withdrew the appeal before a hearing. Now they are reconsidering my application. During the reconsideration can I work full time. What is my status?

If somebody knows, please let me know.

Many Thanks

Richard W
- thin ice -

Re: Applicant’s status while a reconsideration is pending? Can applicant work full time?

Post by Richard W » Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:55 pm

From what you have told us, you appear to be a permanent resident without a PRC. It is legal for you to work, but it will be hard to find work with a new employer.

Marco1
Newly Registered

Re: Applicant’s status while a reconsideration is pending? Can applicant work full time?

Post by Marco1 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:25 pm

Richard W wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:55 pm
From what you have told us, you appear to be a permanent resident without a PRC. It is legal for you to work, but it will be hard to find work with a new employer.

Thanks, Richard W

I have a full-time job. Home Office hasn’t sent a letter to me, confirming my case is under reconsideration. They have sent a letter permission to withdraw the appeal. You think it is enough to show my employer.

Richard W
- thin ice -

Post by Richard W » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:02 am

Marco1 wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:25 pm
I have a full-time job. Home Office hasn’t sent a letter to me, confirming my case is under reconsideration. They have sent a letter permission to withdraw the appeal. You think it is enough to show my employer.
Have you received a Certificate of Application? I believe it is possible to apply for a new one during an appeal, but I neither recall the process nor know where to look it up (beyond a search of this forum).

Your explanation is confusing. I believe what is happening is that the HO has withdrawn its decision, and therefore there is nothing to appeal against. What have you agreed to in the matter of the appeal? I suspect trickery in the legal process; Obie is one of the few who can advise in such matters.

Marco1
Newly Registered

Post by Marco1 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:50 am

Richard W wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:02 am
Marco1 wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:25 pm
Have you received a Certificate of Application? I believe it is possible to apply for a new one during an appeal, but I neither recall the process nor know where to look it up (beyond a search of this forum).

Your explanation is confusing. I believe what is happening is that the HO has withdrawn its decision, and therefore there is nothing to appeal against. What have you agreed to in the matter of the appeal? I suspect trickery in the legal process; Obie is one of the few who can advise in such matters.
I didn’t receive a Certificate of Application. Home Office hasn’t sent any letter except a letter requesting permission to withdraw their decision. I didn't apply for Permanent residence card when I was waiting for the appeal.
You are correct, they have withdrawn their decision, nothing to appeal against. We haven't agreed on anything. I didn’t want to withdraw the appeal, I sent a letter to the court that I am not happy to withdraw it but the judge has decided to withdraw the appeal.

Afalimar11
- thin ice -
Morocco

Post by Afalimar11 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:08 pm

Hi
I am in a worst situation my pr application was refused because they said some payslips are not original and just printed I appealed and made a new application got a hearing date this month but was adjourned by the court for a mother 3 months now work wants to make an ecs check if I am still allowed to work not sure how it will turn positive or not

Marco1
Newly Registered

Post by Marco1 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:11 pm

Afalimar11 wrote:
Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:08 pm
Hi
I am in a worst situation my pr application was refused because they said some payslips are not original and just printed I appealed and made a new application got a hearing date this month but was adjourned by the court for a mother 3 months now work wants to make an ecs check if I am still allowed to work not sure how it will turn positive or not
Hi Afalimar

Sorry to hear that. Hopefully, it will be positive. Good luck.