ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Certificate of British citizenship

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

Maurice Motley
Newly Registered
Trinidad & Tobago

Certificate of British citizenship

Post by Maurice Motley » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:00 pm

Hello.
I am a Trinidad National and I have recently applied for British citizenship in May.

I am planning a trip to Trinidad in December and was hoping to also spend a couple of days in the US as well. If my application for British citizenship is successful I will probably get my Certificate of British citizenship in November, however I'm a bit concerned that I may not get my British passport in time for the trip. As a Trinidad national I need a visa to enter the US and I would rather not spend $160 to get a visitor visa unless that is my only option.
So my question is can I travel to the US using my Trinidad passport and also use my Certificate of British citizenship to prove my British nationality, therefore enabling me to travel without a visa?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Certificate of British citizenship

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 3:02 pm

Your certificate of naturalisation is not a travel document. If you don't have your British passport you will need a visa on your Trinidad passport.

Even with a British passport, you have to apply online for an ESTA before travelling.

British passports take about 3 weeks at the moment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.