ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR - Compliance officer makes a visit to my work

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

MD000
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

ILR - Compliance officer makes a visit to my work

Post by MD000 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:34 pm

Hi all, I applied for my ILR with a Premium appointment at Croydon on 24/1. They could not give me an answer on the day and said they needed to a do a few more checks before they give me an answer.
Mid-March, we had a lovely compliance officer visit my work (14/3), I had a (long) interview with him, as did my HR manager. He seemed happy with all the evidence I had provided him of my job role and even went on to tell me that the red flag was the fact that I was earning 35K on the dot (the minimum requirement at the time of my application) and that the HO likes to ensure this isn't a bogus salary.

Next week marks 6 months from the date of application and I am starting to get really nervous. My MP was kind enough to enquire for me and they said the case was 'complex' and that they were still investigating.

Has anybody experienced this before? If there is an old thread with a similar account, can somebody send me a link to it please?

Thank you

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR - Compliance officer makes a visit to my work

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:36 pm

Yes many have experienced this.

What was your salary before you applied for ILR with £35k?

Any sudden recent large increases??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tamoni

Post by tamoni » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:26 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:36 pm

CR001, please advise when u say recent, what do you mean? like 1-2 months, 3-4 months or 6 months+?
I had high salary increase in Jan 18, due to new position offered, have new contract as well, everything is within same soc 2472, but do you think 7 months on a new salary will be a red flag for HO (i am applying on 2nd of August)?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:34 pm

tamoni wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:26 pm
CR001 wrote:

CR001, please advise when u say recent, what do you mean? like 1-2 months, 3-4 months or 6 months+?
I had high salary increase in Jan 18, due to new position offered, have new contract as well, everything is within same soc 2472, but do you think 7 months on a new salary will be a red flag for HO (i am applying on 2nd of August)?
Kindly continue your questions in your own topic you already have instead of tagging onto another members thread. It is considered rude, is unfair to the OP and creates Confusion when members respond.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/tier-2-g-to- ... l#p1635088

See also point 12 in the forum rules top 25 FAQs, link below.

announcements/read-me-getting-started-t ... 24804.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

tamoni

Post by tamoni » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:45 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:34 pm
tamoni wrote:
CR001 wrote:

Kindly continue your questions in your own topic you already have instead of tagging onto another members thread. It is considered rude, is unfair to the OP and creates Confusion when members respond.

i didnt mean to offend anyone, i have got a chance to address my queston to you and I used this chance. One more time i am really sorry for breaching the rules of this forum, did not mean to offend anyone. CR001, would you be kind and post ur opinion on my case in my thread pls.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:57 pm

tamoni wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 6:45 pm
CR001 wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:34 pm
tamoni wrote:
CR001 wrote:

i didnt mean to offend anyone, i have got a chance to address my queston to you and I used this chance. One more time i am really sorry for breaching the rules of this forum, did not mean to offend anyone. CR001, would you be kind and post ur opinion on my case in my thread pls.
Please repost your question in your own topic as requested.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

MD000
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by MD000 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 8:29 am

CR001 wrote:

Thanks for getting back to me C.
I had been on the salary for 9 months at the time of applying. No sudden increases as my salary has increased consistently every April over the last few years. In fact it's gone up again this April.

I didn't use a lawyer or agency to help with my application. I just went by the list of required documents on the UKVI website list of requirements. So on the day of application when the casework called me for my P60s & bank statements going back 6 months I didn't have them to hand. I did point out to her that is was NOT requested on their website!

When the compliance officer visited my work, however, we were able to provide benchmarking forms, appraisal documents and similar documents to justify the salary increase.

This stress is literally taking over my life! I can focus on anything else.

sri7
India

Post by sri7 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:19 pm

Hi,
I am in similar position. I submitted my application end of march and I was given further enquiry letter. I haven't heard anything from them yet. its nearly 4 months now. Could you please post the questions asked by compliance officer when they visited you. As I am in the same boat expecting a compliance officer visit. Thank you very much.

bcilr18
Mood:

Post by bcilr18 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:20 am

sri7 wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:19 pm
Hi,
I am in similar position. I submitted my application end of march and I was given further enquiry letter. I haven't heard anything from them yet. its nearly 4 months now. Could you please post the questions asked by compliance officer when they visited you. As I am in the same boat expecting a compliance officer visit. Thank you very much.
Did you apply by post or premium?

I have seen that in one of your posts your salary increase wasn't notified in SMS. Have they done it now at least?

Questions vary from immigration history to your work role.

They might ask right from your first entry in to the UK till date for which you need to be prepared with as much details and as much correct as possible. The more clearer information you provide, the more easier it will be for them to process your application.

Below is list of questions I was asked:
When did you first enter UK?
What did you do since then?
Which Uni? What course? What did you do before Uni?
Previous employers? What role? working hours? Salary?
How did you hear about the role? where was it advertised?
Did you ask for a rise? and what was their response?
Any allowances? car allowance? benefits?
What do you do and what additional duties are given to you as you mentioned?
Could you show me the work and email conversations for the last 2 - 4 weeks?
Show any finished work or work in progress?
What softwares do you use for your work? How many websites do you work on?
Is there anything else you do apart from what you mentioned?

General questions about business were asked to my employer and obviously some relating to me as well which I don't know in detail.

We had all the docs regarding company and me and also checked other workers who were British.
Timesheets, IDs, holidays, company docs, P60s, Payslips, etc. A few were missing but were asked to send by email and that was sent in 2 days and confirmed that they received too.

My employer feels that she was quite satisfied with the record keeping but however she just feeds this information to their office and they will review and contact with an outcome of the visit. If positive, the licence and rating will be maintained else the other way.

After this stage its just a waiting game. So make sure you and your employer have everything in place and be prepared for a surprise audit and keep an eye out on emails/junk emails too.

Good luck and keep us posted.

sri7
India

Post by sri7 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:44 pm

Hi Thanks for getting back to me. No they haven't updated my salary still. Can we update it now? Is it not going to be a issue if my HR update it now?. I am really confused now as its been 4 months and no news from UKVI and no compliance officer visit as well. Thank you.

sri7
India

Post by sri7 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:45 pm

I applied in Croydon UKVI premium service centre.

GMO
Mood:

Post by GMO » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:46 pm

MD000 wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:34 pm
Hi all, I applied for my ILR with a Premium appointment at Croydon on 24/1. They could not give me an answer on the day and said they needed to a do a few more checks before they give me an answer.
Mid-March, we had a lovely compliance officer visit my work (14/3), I had a (long) interview with him, as did my HR manager. He seemed happy with all the evidence I had provided him of my job role and even went on to tell me that the red flag was the fact that I was earning 35K on the dot (the minimum requirement at the time of my application) and that the HO likes to ensure this isn't a bogus salary.

Next week marks 6 months from the date of application and I am starting to get really nervous. My MP was kind enough to enquire for me and they said the case was 'complex' and that they were still investigating.

Has anybody experienced this before? If there is an old thread with a similar account, can somebody send me a link to it please?

Thank you
Hi, Hope you will get your IlR soon as it seems you had a positive time on compliance visit! Didn't you hear any feedback from them after the visit?