ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Benefits affecting ILR claim

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny

matthewolivia
Newly Registered
Uruguay

Benefits affecting ILR claim

Post by matthewolivia » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:47 am

Morning

My wife is nearing the end of second term of spousal Visa and will be applying for ILR status. While she meets the income requirement I am claiming Universal Credit ( I am a UK citizen entitled to recourse to public Funds ) . Will this affect the decision at all?

Tks

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Benefits affecting ILR claim

Post by cyclina1 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:28 pm

No. if the universal credit is only under your name. But when applied, putting your wife into the calculation of universal credit will increase the amount you are getting or not? If so, that maybe more complicated.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

matthewolivia
Newly Registered
Uruguay

Re: Benefits affecting ILR claim

Post by matthewolivia » Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:47 pm

Tks for that . The UC is in my name and my wife's earnings are taken into account so without her earnings the UC would be higher.