ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA (QP) Rejection Letter Makes No Sense

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

bright_eyes_89
Newly Registered
Canada

EEA (QP) Rejection Letter Makes No Sense

Post by bright_eyes_89 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:11 pm

My husband (EEA- QP) and I (non-EEA) submitted an online application for residence certificate and residence card, respectively, on 7 June. We attended the European passport return service and submitted our documents on 8 June. Through the tracking code we were given we saw that these were delivered on 11 June.

I received my biometrics letter dated 16 June and submitted on 2 July. Received COA with work dated 4 July. Both the biometric letter and COA were addressed to me and had my case reference on them.

Today we received a letter addressed to my husband, but with my name and DOB under the heading. No case reference number on the letter at all. It stated that the application for a registration certificate has been rejected on the basis of missing documents or evidence, specifically 'You submitted your application online through Access UK. As a part of this process you were asked to submit documents in support of your application within 10 days. We have not received this requested information within this timescale.'

According to this letter we do not have the right to appeal but we can re-apply.

We really really hope that this is an administrative error, as I don't understand how I would have gotten a biometrics letter and COA if our documents hadn't arrived, and where they are if they were delivered but not processed. Any ideas of who we could contact to sort that out? I'm panicking a little bit and any advice or experiences would be very appreciated.