ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Q: Family member of refugee (( 4EUFam + Citizenship )) ??

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

Moh25ah
Ireland

Q: Family member of refugee (( 4EUFam + Citizenship )) ??

Post by Moh25ah » Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:31 pm

Hi ,

I am a family member of a refugee , I have stamp 4 GNIB , I am Non EU & over 18
My mother made a family reunification application for me so i got the permit to stay in Ireland
I am single & living with my parents.
I have been here for 3 years .

My parents got the Irish citizenship recently.

My Question is :

After my family got the Irish passport - can I change my GNIB card from stamp 4 to 4EUFam , how can i do that ?
The 4EuFam allow my to travel in EU without visa

Can I apply for Irish Citizenship now or i should wait to have 5 years ?
People told me that i can apply now as i have the same rights as the person who made the application for me ?

Could advice me on these please

Thanks .

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Q: Family member of refugee (( 4EUFam + Citizenship )) ??

Post by max307 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:37 pm

After my family got the Irish passport - can I change my GNIB card from stamp 4 to 4EUFam , how can i do that ? The 4EuFam allow my to travel in EU without visa

No you can’t change from Stamp 4 to Stamp 4EUFAM, that’s a completely different process and does not apply to you as per the information provided above.

Can I apply for Irish Citizenship now or i should wait to have 5 years?

You can apply for citizenship now if you have been living legally in Ireland for the past 5 years. Enter your stamps here and that will give you an indication about when you are eligible to apply for Irish citizenship.

http://inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Natura ... Calculator

People told me that i can apply now as i have the same rights as the person who made the application for me?

Not sure what you are referring to here, can you please elaborate?
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

Moh25ah
Ireland

Post by Moh25ah » Thu Jul 19, 2018 7:21 am

max307 wrote:
Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:37 pm
After my family got the Irish passport - can I change my GNIB card from stamp 4 to 4EUFam , how can i do that ? The 4EuFam allow my to travel in EU without visa

No you can’t change from Stamp 4 to Stamp 4EUFAM, that’s a completely different process and does not apply to you as per the information provided above.

Can I apply for Irish Citizenship now or i should wait to have 5 years?

You can apply for citizenship now if you have been living legally in Ireland for the past 5 years. Enter your stamps here and that will give you an indication about when you are eligible to apply for Irish citizenship.

http://inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/Natura ... Calculator

People told me that i can apply now as i have the same rights as the person who made the application for me?

Not sure what you are referring to here, can you please elaborate?

Thanks For your replay.

4EUFam : I am looking for it to get a visa free .. is there any why to travel with my family in relation to my situation now ??

Citizenship & Same right points : As my Mother made the family reunification application for me , I will have the same rights as her ... she is refugee so i will have the same rights, that why i dont pay fee to renew my GNIB .. & that why i got Stamp 4 just like her GNIB ... So i thought i will have the right to apply for citizenship after 3 years as well ?

Thank you

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:59 pm

4EUFam:

The Stamp 4EUFAM is not inteded to provide visa free access to the EU. If you want to apply for Stamp 4EUFAM in Ireland your family member must be a EU citizen other than Irish or your Irish family member must move to another EU country, reside there with you and once you get residence in that country move back to Ireland. We are taking about months to a year here so you may as well wait until you are eligible to apply for citizenship.

Citizenship & Same right points :

You are the recognised family member of a refugee in Ireland but you are not a refugee yourself, you will need to have 5 years of residence in Ireland in order to apply for citizenship.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.