ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marrying an illegal immigrant in the UK

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

amar47singh
Newly Registered
Mood:

Marrying an illegal immigrant in the UK

Post by amar47singh » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:49 pm

Hello sir i've a girlfriend in US she is american citizen and im a illegal immigrant in UK i want to be a marry with her bu she dont want to go to india she just dont like india there is any possibility in which my girlfriend come to london and apply for my american visa im OK to go to india for a visa but she was not ok so tell me if there is anything to do in my case.
Thank you

Casa

Re: Marrying an illegal immigrant in the UK

Post by Casa » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:36 pm

Are you asking about applying for a USA visa, or marrying your girlfriend in the UK :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.

Alam-
Mood:

Post by Alam- » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:50 pm

I am not sure if you can marry as you need home office permission to get married and since you're ilegal I think home office might detain you at some point. I'll be very surprised if home office grants you permission.
If you get married, she can go back to USA and you go back to India and apply your visa as you can't apply from UK as you need your passport (if your previous visa has been refused, home office might have kept your passport) and need proof of residence if it's not your birth country. There might be a way around this, it's better if you speak to a good solicitor.

Casa

Post by Casa » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:04 pm

Your American girlfriend would also require a Marriage Visitor visa and I very much doubt that she will be issued one in the circumstances. In addition to your own immigration issues, she will be unable to marry in the UK while here as a normal visitor.

Have you met in person :?:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.