ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

fiance visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

shadowfair

fiance visa

Post by shadowfair » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:52 pm

Hi Guys,

for fiance visa I need some help and immensly appreciate any input here

I have read around the net for hours and the feedback around what should be submmited to proof relationship varies

I have know my fiance for little over 3 month and have met twice.

we have call logs for all month, screen shot of texts ( not in english but with english charectors) but with date to show communication and around 10 photos of us together while we have met.

is that enough?
I have read people going as far as providing over 1000 page of text and chat some of which is private.
for instance I don't want the ECO to read my personal chat as I am sure anyone would agree.

I am slightly stressed as I didn't keep boarding pass and people on net say that is needed. I have provided flight itinerary and hotel booking
passports are there so they can see the stamps which shows I have travelled.

I am also slightly confused as the guideline says the couple should have met in each other's country.
now it is understanble if the other party does not travel to uk due to very rigirous visa requirement but for me, should I have travelled to home country ?

I have not travelled to my home country due to personal reasons but have visited him over 2 times in a neighbouring country for period of 10 and 6 days.
is that ok ?

on appendix 2, it does say have you being in a relationship akin to marriage ? to be blunt, does that mean sex?
if so would 10 days count as that if you have had sex?

re work , is payslip and bank statement enough or should I include p60 and letter from employer?

Many thanks

shadowfair

Re: fiance visa

Post by shadowfair » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:03 pm

Could someone please help me?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:10 pm

is that enough?
I have read people going as far as providing over 1000 page of text and chat some of which is private.
for instance I don't want the ECO to read my personal chat as I am sure anyone would agree.
HO don't care about the content of your chats. They want to establish subsisting relationship.
I am slightly stressed as I didn't keep boarding pass and people on net say that is needed. I have provided flight itinerary and hotel booking
passports are there so they can see the stamps which shows I have travelled.
Your airline tickets, stamps in passport.......
I am also slightly confused as the guideline says the couple should have met in each other's country.
now it is understanble if the other party does not travel to uk due to very rigirous visa requirement but for me, should I have travelled to home country ?
Where exactly does it state this??
I have not travelled to my home country due to personal reasons but have visited him over 2 times in a neighbouring country for period of 10 and 6 days.
is that ok ?
Should be ok.
on appendix 2, it does say have you being in a relationship akin to marriage ? to be blunt, does that mean sex?
if so would 10 days count as that if you have had sex?
No it does NOT mean 'sex'. The akin to relationship requirement is only for Unmarried Partner visas, not for a 6 month Fiance visa, which is what you state you are applying for.
re work , is payslip and bank statement enough or should I include p60 and letter from employer?
The forms clearly state you require a letter from your employer.

For a fiance visa, you also need to submit evidence of wedding preparation that will take place within the 6 month validity of the Fiance visa.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shadowfair

Post by shadowfair » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:17 pm

Many thanks

Re visiting each other’s coutry it is on their guidline if you type subsisting relationship on google( home office)

Re relation akin to marriage, we have selected no for 1.16 and on question 1.18 it is asking have you ever been in relationship akin to marriage and we have filled yes , in commments we have said during visits

Is that ok ?

Re evidence of marriage, we have said we have seen mumber of venues and waiting for fiance arrival to confirm and explained council does not accept to register marriage unless both parties are here

Is that enough?

Do they expect people to have big wedding? We plan to have it registered and have a small celebration but again on the guidence above it does ask case workers to be careful when there is few people at wedding

We don’t want a full blown wedding and want to save on cost toward a house purchSe

What we plan to do is hire a small room or resturant and invite friends for a night celebration

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:29 pm

Re visiting each other’s coutry it is on their guidline if you type subsisting relationship on google( home office)
Provide the official HO link that states this.
Re relation akin to marriage, we have selected no for 1.16 and on question 1.18 it is asking have you ever been in relationship akin to marriage and we have filled yes , in commments we have said during visits
NO, you are not living in a relationship akin to marriage. A holiday is not the same thing. A relationship akin to marriage is where you have Joint financial commitment and evidence of it, i.e. joint tenancy agreements, joint utility bills etc. It is ONLY relevant to a 2.5 year Unmarried Partner Visa, which is not what you appear to be asking about.
Re evidence of marriage, we have said we have seen mumber of venues and waiting for fiance arrival to confirm and explained council does not accept to register marriage unless both parties are here
Is that enough?
HO are aware of what the council Registry office is for marriage. Just 'saying you have seen a number of venues' is not sufficient. You have to submit evidence of what you have done, researched, communicated etc with places.
Do they expect people to have big wedding? We plan to have it registered and have a small celebration but again on the guidence above it does ask case workers to be careful when there is few people at wedding
No they don't, and don't care how big your wedding is either.
We don’t want a full blown wedding and want to save on cost toward a house purchSe
There is no legal requirement in the rules to have a big wedding.
What we plan to do is hire a small room or resturant and invite friends for a night celebration
What about your families?? HO might be suspicious if you are planning a wedding with neither of your family present.

What is your UK Immigration status??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

shadowfair

Post by shadowfair » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:47 pm

British citizen and my family here

Reality is we have filled the form and submitted so can’t change and document gone out on dhl from applicant with the chicken up re akin to marriage

I suppose they know what we have meant and don’t hold us to it as we have filled 1.19 and not 1.16 on appendix 2

Too late now to get written confirmations from venues as never thought they are needed .
Would this result in refusal? Pretty stressed

shadowfair

Post by shadowfair » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:49 pm

Here is the link

3.1 point v

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:51 pm

shadowfair wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:49 pm
Here is the link

3.1 point v
Please post the weblink, not the paragraph number!
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:52 pm

What is the complete list of supporting documents you have submitted, per item submitted??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

shadowfair

Post by shadowfair » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:57 pm

Employment letter
Contact
8 month payslip
P60
Bak statement printed and stamped by bank ( all pages)

Around 30 photos of us two together
Evidence of visit 4 times over 8 month each time costing around 1k ( flight and hotel)
Evidence of call logs and also screenshot of chats in another language but showing date
Pictures of gifts we have exchanged

A1 from certified place

My original passport which has stamps
Application form

Appendix 2

Tenancy agreement
Utility bill
House inspection report
Council tax bill

Covering letter stating i intend to marryy fiance

Re link i have posted it again but waiting for approval by moderator
Last edited by shadowfair on Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

shadowfair

Post by shadowfair » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:58 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:51 pm
shadowfair wrote:
Here is the link

3.1 point v
https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... -FM2.1.pdf

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:59 pm

Did you not submit anything related to wedding preparations or communications or engagement ring receipt etc?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:02 pm

shadowfair wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:58 pm
CR001 wrote:
shadowfair wrote:
Here is the link

3.1 point v
The requirement in the Immigration Rules is to have met in person. The immigration rules trump any guidance notes.

Did you submit evidence of your flight tickets and hotels for the trips you have taken together??

Have you met your partners family at all if you have not travelled to your partners home country??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

shadowfair

Post by shadowfair » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:04 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:59 pm
Did you not submit anything related to wedding preparations or communications or engagement ring receipt etc?
Nothing apart from the letter

I am fairly stressed as I should have researched what people had done prior to it

Never crossed my mind that i have to go so far to prove myself.
My salary is almost 6 times the required amount so I am hoping the person considering this would think this can’t be a sham marriage ....

shadowfair

Post by shadowfair » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:05 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:02 pm
shadowfair wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:58 pm
CR001 wrote:
shadowfair wrote:
Here is the link

3.1 point v
The requirement in the Immigration Rules is to have met in person. The immigration rules trump any guidance notes.

Did you submit evidence of your flight tickets and hotels for the trips you have taken together??

Have you met your partners family at all if you have not travelled to your partners home country??

Yes and no

They are against our marriage due to their old belief but fiance is an adult and we have decided to live together

No evidence of I having met fiance family

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:07 pm

shadowfair wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:04 pm
CR001 wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:59 pm
Nothing apart from the letter

I am fairly stressed as I should have researched what people had done prior to it

Never crossed my mind that i have to go so far to prove myself.
My salary is almost 6 times the required amount so I am hoping the person considering this would think this can’t be a sham marriage ....

Hope so for your sake given that you have not known each other very long. Remember that HO base their decisions on what you submitted for the visa category you applied for and based on the immigration rules. They don't consider 'emotions'.
I have know my fiance for little over 3 month and have met twice
Does your partner have any UK immigration history at all??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

shadowfair

Post by shadowfair » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:11 pm

No immigration history no if you mean refused visa or overstayed

Would HO object if parent of fiance object?

Re knowing each other, quite abig type , must have been distracted when typed it in, is 8 month short ?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:14 pm

No immigration history no if you mean refused visa or overstayed
No, not adverse history, I asked if your fiance had ANY UK immigration history.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

shadowfair

Post by shadowfair » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:20 pm

No uk history,no

Now i have number of things to worry about

chicken up on appendix 2 . I hope they have some common sense to know on 1.19 it is stated during holiday as the question felt as if almost it is an issue if you have Never had such relation ship.

We have selected marriage visa and not unmarried

2. We have provided quite a bit of evidence but would this be enough and would they pick on why I haven’t submitted communication with venues?

I had few emails to venues but wasn’t most effective way so called and visited the place.

3. Would they object if fiance family are against our marriage. God knows

What would be your feeling based on above?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:24 pm

We have selected marriage visa
How much did you pay for the visa fee in GBP??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

shadowfair

Post by shadowfair » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:26 pm

1560 ( around 2100 dollar ) plus priority at £573 I thinks

shadowfair

Post by shadowfair » Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:57 am

another potential issue is payslips and p60 are printed from portal and never knew it had to be signed by hr

my letter from hr confirms salary, address etc so would that be ok and if they see the pays on payslip matches the bank or they reject the payslip/p60 as it is not signed by hr?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:08 am

Payslips need to be either signed by the employer and stamped or they need to give you a letter 'authenticating' the payslips.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

shadowfair

Post by shadowfair » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:38 am

so do you think they will reject them if there is a matching stamped bank statement and letter confirming salary rather than individual payslips ?

where does it say they need to be stamped?

I used the same payslips for ilr and BC and there was no issues

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:40 am

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa/proof-income
What proof you need to give
You’ll need to send proof of your income with your application. If you or your partner are employed, you could include:

bank statements showing you or your partner’s income
6 months of payslips
a letter from an employer, dated and on headed paper
The employer’s letter should confirm:

you or your partner are employed there
the job title or position you or your partner hold
how long you or your partner have worked there
the type of contract (for example, permanent, fixed term)
what you or your partner earn before tax and National Insurance
how long you or your partner have been paid your current salary
the payslips are genuine
Char (CR001 not Casa)