ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Police registration, second passport confusion

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

WRWR
Russia

Police registration, second passport confusion

Post by WRWR » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:48 am

Hi all,

Thank you for maintaining such a great forum, it's very useful!

I live in UK on Tier 2 General visa.

I have two passports from my country of origin. Both passports are active. Both passports have different numbers, but the expiration date is the same. Both passports were obtained BEFORE entering the UK.

The main goals for having second passport are (1) having more pages for frequent travellers and (2) ability to submit one passport for visa application while travelling using second passport.

-----------

In my Tier 2 application I've submitted details about both passports. I've always used only my "main" passport with UK Entry clearance to cross UK border.

During the initial police registration officer took only "main" passport with Entry clearance. Second passport is not mentioned anywhere in the registration form.

And now I am really worried. Is it possible that lack of information about second passport may cause any problems during ILR application later?

I am slowly running out of pages in my "main" passport, and I'll have to start using second passport for travels sooner or later.

What if I make a new fresh national passport, register this change with police and forget about "second" passport?

-----------

Should I be worried about this problem at all? I've double-checked the police registration rules here: https://www.met.police.uk/advice/advice ... checklist/
OVRO document checklist
> your passport (containing your visa vignette)
This is exactly what I did. They never mention "all passports" even for multi-nationals.

-----------

Thanks for you help!

WRWR
Russia

Re: Police registration, second passport confusion

Post by WRWR » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:25 am

I'll bump this topic once. This question is really interesting, IMO.

One of my colleagues will go to OVRO next week and ask officer about it. He is in the similar position (2+ active passports).

nn1234
Newly Registered

Post by nn1234 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 2:10 pm

Hi everyone, did you manage to get any clarification on this issue by any chance? Is there a need to report the 2nd passport to the H 0me 0ffice and/or the police?
I am in exactly the same situation, 2 passports from the same country for ease of travel, about to convert from Tier 2 to ILR - the only difference is I have been using both of my passports, and my passports, while both valid, have different start and expiry dates. most , if not all of my most recent stamps are actually in the '2nd passport' now - have been stupidly 'saving' space in the 'main' passport... :(
I went to two different solicitors recently and one told me no one cares about the 2nd passport thing, while another said they actually do

nn1234
Newly Registered

Post by nn1234 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:02 pm

//update to my 1st post
I just called the H. 0Ffice and the call centre lady told she me never came across that scenario before (and did not even know that was possible) and she does not know of any official guidelines on registering the 2nd passport with the H. 0ffice "as long as I carry my 'main' one along with the BRP while entering the country".
So that was not really helpful.. and I still have no idea re the need to register the 2nd passport with the Police...

nn1234
Newly Registered

Post by nn1234 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:07 pm

WRWR wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:25 am
I'll bump this topic once. This question is really interesting, IMO.

One of my colleagues will go to OVRO next week and ask officer about it. He is in the similar position (2+ active passports).
Hi, did your colleague manage to get any clarification on this by any chance?

WRWR
Russia

Post by WRWR » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:04 pm

nn1234 wrote:
Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:07 pm
Hi, did your colleague manage to get any clarification on this by any chance?
Yes, I have a small update. My colleague showed both passports in OVRO. And officer did a very strange thing. He added information about second passport in between (!) the cells on police certificate. There is a bit of space where they can write.

I think HO advice is valid. There are absolutely no guidelines describing this situation.

I do not think we'll have any problems if main passport is used for (1) initial T2 application, (2) extension application, (3) ILR application, (4) police certificate.