ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Travelling to Cyprus without visa (holder of eu family member residency permit)

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Travelling to Cyprus without visa (holder of eu family member residency permit)

Post by ljdebenedictis » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:09 pm

Hi. I’m sure this topic has already been answered before but for some reason I cannot find the answer.

Short info..
- I am a non eu family member of British citizen (Surinder Singh route) who is now living & working here in UK for almost 4 years now. Me and my husband is going to Cyprus for a 2 weeks holiday to visit my family, we are departing on 30th of July. I spoke to vfhs global here in London and was advised that if I’m travelling woth my husband, I don’t need and visa, same answer I got from Cyprus consulate.

Now, my only concern is the airline staffs as I heard that sometimes they are not aware of this law. I’m so scared that they will deny me from travelling and loose all the money we paid for ticket and hotels.

Any advise please in how we deal with airline staffs once we are at the airport?

Thank you in advance x

dan1988uk
Member of Standing
Italy

Re: Travelling to Cyprus without visa (holder of eu family member residency permit)

Post by dan1988uk » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:12 pm

ljdebenedictis wrote:
Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:09 pm
Hi. I’m sure this topic has already been answered before but for some reason I cannot find the answer.

Short info..
- I am a non eu family member of British citizen (Surinder Singh route) who is now living & working here in UK for almost 4 years now. Me and my husband is going to Cyprus for a 2 weeks holiday to visit my family, we are departing on 30th of July. I spoke to vfhs global here in London and was advised that if I’m travelling woth my husband, I don’t need and visa, same answer I got from Cyprus consulate.

Now, my only concern is the airline staffs as I heard that sometimes they are not aware of this law. I’m so scared that they will deny me from travelling and loose all the money we paid for ticket and hotels.

Any advise please in how we deal with airline staffs once we are at the airport?

Thank you in advance x
They are aware, I have travelled multiple times with my non EEA wife to Europe.

ljdebenedictis
Mood:
Philippines

Re: Travelling to Cyprus without visa (holder of eu family member residency permit)

Post by ljdebenedictis » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:18 am

Hi Thank you for your reply. That made me feel better. Which airline you have travelled before if you dont mind me asking?

Thanks xx