ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Vary FLR FP to SET LR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

biniaza
Newly Registered
Iran

Vary FLR FP to SET LR

Post by biniaza » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:18 pm

Dear All

I need your help to vary my application from FLR FP to SET LR.

My immigration history in short:
- I entered the UK on 25th July 2008 (followed by tier4, psw and tier2, Spouse visa.

- My relation ended and I seperated from my wife in December 2017.

- I notified our seperation to Home office In December 2017 and received a letter to say that I need to apply for a new visa or I have to leave the country by 13th April 2018.

- FLR FP applied on 5th Feb 2018 (parent visa) as my kids are British and they hold the British passport.

- I am still waiting for a decision on my FLR FP application.

- My continuous 10-year legal stay in the UK will finish on 25th July 2018.

- All my documents are with the Home Office.

-I passed "life in the UK" test and I have got the certificate.

My Question is:-
1. Can I vary my FLR FP application to SET LR and submit a new SET LR to the home office?
2. Do I need to send a letter to the home office and ask them to vary my application before I submit SET LR application or Can I submit my application straight a way to home office with a cover letter?
3. How to fill the payment part as I already paid for FLR FP application and health surcharge and the SET LR application fee is higher than my current application with the home office?

Hope moderators or senior members can help me. That would be really appreciated.

Many thanks

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Vary FLR FP to SET LR

Post by cyclina1 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:03 pm

biniaza wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:18 pm
Dear All

I need your help to vary my application from FLR FP to SET LR.

My immigration history in short:
- I entered the UK on 25th July 2008 (followed by tier4, psw and tier2, Spouse visa.

- My relation ended and I seperated from my wife in December 2017.

- I notified our seperation to Home office In December 2017 and received a letter to say that I need to apply for a new visa or I have to leave the country by 13th April 2018.

- FLR FP applied on 5th Feb 2018 (parent visa) as my kids are British and they hold the British passport.

- I am still waiting for a decision on my FLR FP application.

- My continuous 10-year legal stay in the UK will finish on 25th July 2018.

- All my documents are with the Home Office.

-I passed "life in the UK" test and I have got the certificate.

My Question is:-
1. Can I vary my FLR FP application to SET LR and submit a new SET LR to the home office? Yes you can. Assume you also fulfill the other requirement of SET (LR). But may need to act quickly, if they decided, you cannot vary

2. Do I need to send a letter to the home office and ask them to vary my application before I submit SET LR application or Can I submit my application straight a way to home office with a cover letter?
Youn also need to apply the variation.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... procedures

3. How to fill the payment part as I already paid for FLR FP application and health surcharge and the SET LR application fee is higher than my current application with the home office?

You can pay full of SET (LR) and they will refund you the FLR FP and NHS surchange

Hope moderators or senior members can help me. That would be really appreciated.

Many thanks
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.