ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Which category for a retired EEA family member?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

baart
Newly Registered
Poland

Which category for a retired EEA family member?

Post by baart » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:53 am

Hi all,

I am trying to apply for ILR for my father. He came over 5.5 years ago. Initially was a job seeker based on my being a worker her in the UK. He had a part time job topped up with job seekers allowance and later pension credit. He has retired 12 months ago, with a mix of UK and Polish pension topped up by pension credit. In the meantime I got British citizenship and still have Polish passport.

I have started the online application but got stuck when choosing the category of qualified person. He is neither a worker, previous worker or jobseeker, considering he is getting pension credit and housing benefit he wouldn't be a self-suficient person either.

The guidelines on gov.uk don't seem to provide a clear answer. Or should he go down the family member route and do the 80 pages paper application? Does it matter if I am a British citizen now?

Can anyone advise please?

B.