ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

email from courier (DX) before PR delivery?

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

ts7
Newly Registered
Mexico

Permanent Residence Card

Post by ts7 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:52 pm

Hi,

I applied for my PR on 25th of April. I received my COA (Certificate of Application) about 1 month ago so I assumed everything was ok. However today I received back my supporting documents without a letter from the HO nor the PR. So basically I don't know whether my application was approved or not - they simply sent back my documents in the special delivery enveloped I had enclosed, without any letter from them whatsoever. So my question is, do you think this is normal?? Does this mean my PR card will arrive on the next few days or should I be worried? In this thread I read that people seem to have received their documents back along with a letter from the HO saying their PR card was on the way or approved, but in my case I didn't get this 'letter'.

Thanks for your advice!

pola 23
Poland

Re: Permanent Residence Card

Post by pola 23 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:57 pm

Hi did you get your passport aswell ?

ts7
Newly Registered
Mexico

Re: Permanent Residence Card

Post by ts7 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:42 pm

Yes, I got back my passport.

ts7
Newly Registered
Mexico

Got my documents back but without my PR nor a letter!

Post by ts7 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 2:46 pm

Hi,

I applied for my PR on 25th of April. I received my COA (Certificate of Application) about 1 month ago so I assumed everything was ok. However today I received back my supporting documents without a letter from the HO nor the PR. So basically I don't know whether my application was approved or not - they simply sent back my documents in the special delivery enveloped I had enclosed, without any letter from them whatsoever. So my question is, to those that have obtained their PR recently, did you get your PR card sent separately? Did you also get a letter from the HO saying your PR was on the way, along with your documents? In this thread I read that people seem to have received their documents back along with a letter from the HO saying their PR card was on the way or approved, but in my case I didn't get this 'letter'.

Thanks for sharing!

Cam123

Re: Got my documents back but without my PR nor a letter!

Post by Cam123 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:10 pm

I would suggest you to look the whole package again carefully, if you still don’t find it then call EEA helpline to find out and also call DX courier to find out if they have got any thing for you, if they have then it’s a good news... hope this help

ts7
Newly Registered
Mexico

Post by ts7 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:44 pm

Thanks but I checked carefully and there was nothing inside it. I also called already the helpline and they told me they can only help until 6 months have passed, which is the 'public standard'. I am wanting to know if people got their PR card in the same envelope as their documents or separately. I had attached a special delivery envelope, so they sent back my documents in that envelope.

pola 23
Poland

Post by pola 23 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:14 pm

Hi I think you should ring to DX courier bcoz PR comes separately with DX..Thanks

kam999

Post by kam999 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:38 pm

Hi ts7,

the below link might help you. however, you have to wait 10 days:

https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-a-uk-resid ... nt-arrived

If I were you I would argue on the helpline that your case is unusual as you did not receive your decision letter, neither you requested your passport return. either wait 10 days (which is killing i believe) or give helpline another call and politely explain them your concern as God forbid if you application is unsuccessful you are losing time on appeal. Also ask them that is it normal that my application is returned without a decision letter? I am hoping that will get your answer. What i have learned, calling courier services would not help as they can't open the package to remove your decision letter and your PR has nothing to do with rest of the documents.

ts7
Newly Registered
Mexico

Post by ts7 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:29 am

Thanks for your advice! I gave them a call today and tried to get information out but they told me the only way is to write a letter and send them to the same address as the one from which they sent the documents back and after that they will have 16 days to respond to it!... And indeed he said it is strange I didn't get anything else with the documents as normally they would send a decision letter with it.

ts7
Newly Registered
Mexico

Post by ts7 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:31 pm

Hi all, I just wanted to share that finally I got my decision letter with a positive outcome today (dated 12 of July). So it seems it is also possible to get your documents back without the decision letter and it can take a few days (for me it was about 1.5 weeks) to get the decision letter separately. And btw, this letter still doesn't include the PR card. The letter says they will send that separately via courier within 10 working days.

alex98uk
Chile

Post by alex98uk » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:33 pm

ts7 wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:31 pm
Hi all, I just wanted to share that finally I got my decision letter with a positive outcome today (dated 12 of July). So it seems it is also possible to get your documents back without the decision letter and it can take a few days (for me it was about 1.5 weeks) to get the decision letter separately. And btw, this letter still doesn't include the PR card. The letter says they will send that separately via courier within 10 working days.
Hi, out of interest did all the letters arrive via the DX courier, or were some via Royal Mail?

I did send them a self addresses special delivery envelope, but they used it to return my passport when I requested it back! £12 of postage wasted :shock:

Just wondering who to expect to delivery the good/bad news?

ts7
Newly Registered
Mexico

Post by ts7 » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:36 pm

The letter I got today was sent by Royal Mail but it says the PR card will be sent over courier and my signature will be required. I assume the courier company is DX.

alex98uk
Chile

Post by alex98uk » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:44 pm

ts7 wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:36 pm
The letter I got today was sent by Royal Mail but it says the PR card will be sent over courier and my signature will be required. I assume the courier company is DX.
Ah ok, so it is a mix. We are still waiting ha... since the very start of April!

We have a CoA, but just really want to get some stability and a PRC!

Abeythedon

Post by Abeythedon » Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:52 pm

ts7 wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:36 pm

Congrats

ts7
Newly Registered
Mexico

PR card courier has not arrived!

Post by ts7 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:23 pm

I got my decision letter on 12th of July 2018 for my PR application saying my PR card should arrive over courier 'within 10 working days'. So far it hasn't arrived - do you know if there is a number where I could call the courier company (which I believe might be called 'DX') to ask if they have something on the way? I really need to know whether I can book flights and can't do this until I get this PR card!

Many thanks.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PR card courier has not arrived!

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:28 pm

ts7 wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:23 pm
I got my decision letter on 12th of July 2018 for my PR application saying my PR card should arrive over courier 'within 10 working days'. So far it hasn't arrived - do you know if there is a number where I could call the courier company (which I believe might be called 'DX') to ask if they have something on the way? I really need to know whether I can book flights and can't do this until I get this PR card!

Many thanks.
1. It has not yet been '10 working days'.

2. Yes, it is DX Courier.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ts7
Newly Registered
Mexico

Post by ts7 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:32 pm

True, but is there not a way in which I can know before the 10 working days whether it is on its way at least? I need to book my flight asap and with this uncertainty I can't proceed...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:35 pm

Phone the courier and ask them if they have anything for you.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ts7
Newly Registered
Mexico

Post by ts7 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:51 pm

Yes, but I was wondering if anyone has a phone number they know works to reach DX courier, or if someone has done something similar? (try to contact the courier)

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:02 pm

ts7 wrote:
Mon Jul 23, 2018 3:51 pm
Yes, but I was wondering if anyone has a phone number they know works to reach DX courier, or if someone has done something similar? (try to contact the courier)
Google should list their customer service number or the DX website. Alternatively, see if your area has a collection depot and try them.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

mkhan2525

Post by mkhan2525 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:10 pm

HO may no longer use DX services to deliver residence cards. We recently received Mrs residence card and it was delivered by a green van (possibly Yodel). By the time Mrs got to the door to sign for it the guy was already leaving and posted it through our letter box without a signature.

I would hate to think what would have happened had he posted it to a wrong address.

ts7
Newly Registered
Mexico

number of days between decision letter and courier delivery

Post by ts7 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:49 pm

Can people please share their timelines for the date when they received the decision letter from the HO for PR application, and the date when they received their PR card from the (i assume) courier service? Many thanks. Mine tomorrow will be over the 10 working days allowance and have not received anything yet!

ts7
Newly Registered
Mexico

email from courier (DX) before PR delivery?

Post by ts7 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:10 pm

Hi,
I have seen a few people saying that they are receiving an email from DX (the courier which the HO uses to deliver BRP cards). Can people share whether this is true lately? Did you all receive an email from DX before the actual delivery?
Thanks for sharing!

Xter27
Lithuania

Re: email from courier (DX) before PR delivery?

Post by Xter27 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:47 pm

In my case, we received a letter from DX via Royal Mail on the 9th working day saying that we had missed the delivery/BRP could not be delivered. In the letter, there was a tracking number which we used to re-arrange the delivery online at no cost. Our brp was delivered today (by dx), not long after we re-arranged it. Also, the DX courier actually called to let us know that they’re almost here.