ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Visa for sisters daughter.. Sister passed away

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé/e | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

sonub4ualt
Member of Standing

Visa for sisters daughter.. Sister passed away

Post by sonub4ualt » Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:17 pm

HI ALL,

My sister passed away last month. I would like to look after her daughter until she has grown up. She is 8 years old. There is no one to look after her as my parents passed away long time back.

Her father wants me to take care of the daughter until she is 15 or 18.
The child has epilepsy which triggers only with stress and sweets. Her father is least bothered to send her to school as he himself is uneducated.

Is there any way to bring her to UK without going through the process of adoption. Me and my husband both are British citizens.

Plz advise.

sonub4ualt
Member of Standing

Re: Visa for sisters daughter.. Sister passed away

Post by sonub4ualt » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:41 pm

The child is Indian citizen.
sonub4ualt wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:17 pm
HI ALL,

My sister passed away last month. I would like to look after her daughter until she has grown up. She is 8 years old. There is no one to look after her as my parents passed away long time back.

The child has epilepsy which triggers only with stress and sweets. Her father is least bothered to send her to school as he himself is uneducated.

Is there any way to bring her to UK without going through the process of adoption. Me and my husband both are British citizens.

Plz advise.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: Visa for sisters daughter.. Sister passed away

Post by physicskate » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:08 pm

sonub4ualt wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:41 pm
The child is Indian citizen.
sonub4ualt wrote:
Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:17 pm
HI ALL,

Plz advise.
No. The only thing I can think of is to send her to boarding school under a Tier 4 visa - this will be very expensive.

UKVI would take the view that her father is responsible for her upbringing.