ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Online OCI application process for PIO holders

Please post country topics not listed elsewhere.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe, Administrator

vijay53
Newly Registered

Online OCI application process for PIO holders

Post by vijay53 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:37 pm

I have submitted an online application for OCI Registration in lieu of PIO card at:
https://passport.gov.in/oci/capchaActionPIO

I completed Parts A and B (including my photographs and signature). Unfortunately, before I was able to upload my supporting documentation i.e. passport / PIO / surrender certificate for old Indian passport and employment status letter, i got timed out. Now the system does not recognise my temporary application ID number and my File Reference number.

Any guidance on the process for submitting supporting documentation would be appreciated.

vijay53
Newly Registered

Re: Online OCI application process for PIO holders

Post by vijay53 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:48 pm

I was able to get the answer from the VFS helpline. There is another icon on the Index page prior to the application which allows upload of documents.

takdeerwala
India

Re: Online OCI application process for PIO holders

Post by takdeerwala » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:23 pm

New Application can be started I think if previous temporary application number is not recognised.