ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EU Passports Lost at Liverpool Office

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, push, JAJ, ca.funke, Amber, zimba, vinny, Obie, EUsmileWEallsmile, batleykhan, meself2, geriatrix, John, ChetanOjha, archigabe

conote80
Newly Registered
Netherlands

EU Passports Lost at Liverpool Office

Post by conote80 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:31 am

Hello,

I made application for myself and 3 of my kids and they've rejected it saying we didn't include the EU passports in the application. We did include those EEA passports in the application and they've lost those passports and have come up with that excuse. One of my kids included in the application is a non EEA national.

Anybody with such experience of lost passport in the HO and they claiming the said passport was never included in the application? Any template letter to challenge them?

There could be something shaddy going on there as the non EEA applicant(direct family member - son) included in the application was on a student visa, it expired and was arrested and mistaken for illegal immigrant and issued with a deportation order - still reports periodically at an immigration centre. However, he was not as he enjoys the same right as myself, a qualified EEA national and upon realising the error are rather trying to frustrate the application.

The rejected application was made online over a month ago, payment made and the required documents submitted and nothing was heard again until now that we've received the rejection letter saying there were no EU passports included in the application.

We're going to make another application but this time use the service provided by our local council. Is the EU ID cards good enough?

What steps could be taken to challenge them on those "lost" passports?

conote80
Newly Registered
Netherlands

Re: EU Passports Lost at Liverpool Office

Post by conote80 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:21 pm

Pls anyone with information on what steps to take or anyone familiar with a case like ours?

NikiGio
Member of Standing
Mood:
Italy

Re: EU Passports Lost at Liverpool Office

Post by NikiGio » Wed Sep 26, 2018 9:05 pm

Sorry to hear about this, Conote80 - it sucks :? It's very unusual for documents to be lost by the HO, but it does happen like in your case.

Have you had developments since?

If not, you can send a formal letter of complaint to the HO, contact your MP, the Ombudsman and/or Solvit (http://ec.europa.eu/solvit/index_en.htm).

If you re-apply online, you can use the EPRS service from the local Council to have your passport returned immediately - but you can only use your passport for this, not the ID card.

If you want to use the ID card, you have to send the original to the Home Office - but you can request for it to be returned immediately via the Document Return Service: https://eforms.homeoffice.gov.uk/outrea ... ments.ofml

Another option is to not to re-apply for now while you complain, and wait until the new Settled Status scheme comes in in March 2019 and apply for that: https://www.gov.uk/settled-status-eu-ci ... led-status

Good luck.